TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to explain the best I can so bear with me. I turn on my right hand turn signal and the turn signal and the brake light flash. I apply the brakes and and the blinker stops working but lights up the right flasher in the dash. Oh wait, it gets better. Passing on the freeway I turn on my right blinker and the truck starts surging like its kicking in and out of gear???? I started at the tail light and have worked my way to the point I have my dash half apart. I went through all the trailer wiring, but maybe I will check it again. Seems like a simple case of some wires touching..........now if I could just find the wires? Have any of you experienced anything like this or have any ideas on what direction I should be heading. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :confused:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I will try to explain the best I can so bear with me. I turn on my right hand turn signal and the turn signal and the brake light flash. I apply the brakes and and the blinker stops working but lights up the right flasher in the dash. Oh wait, it gets better. Passing on the freeway I turn on my right blinker and the truck starts surging like its kicking in and out of gear???? I started at the tail light and have worked my way to the point I have my dash half apart. I went through all the trailer wiring, but maybe I will check it again. Seems like a simple case of some wires touching..........now if I could just find the wires? Have any of you experienced anything like this or have any ideas on what direction I should be heading. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :confused:
Take it to the dealership. Sounds like a ground fault or some wires touching, and that could take a realllly long time to trace. You're still covered under warranty right? If not, I'll try to dig up the link to the FSM. They have the entire wiring diagram in PDF format laying around here somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, looks like I originally posted in the wrong section. Me bad... It's a 96 2.7 4wd auto. No way in God's green Earth I'm taking it to a dealer. It's not throwing a trouble code and they would have $1000 in labor by now. A friend told me to try the blinker switch in the column, until I told him what it was doing to the shifting. He then said I should get a new truck. I have the wiring diagram but really isn't helping as of yet.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Sorry, looks like I originally posted in the wrong section. Me bad... It's a 96 2.7 4wd auto. No way in God's green Earth I'm taking it to a dealer. It's not throwing a trouble code and they would have $1000 in labor by now. A friend told me to try the blinker switch in the column, until I told him what it was doing to the shifting. He then said I should get a new truck. I have the wiring diagram but really isn't helping as of yet.

do you have a trailer harness?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a trailer harness. I went through it once already, but I may actually take it off and completely rewire it to eliminate the possibility.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
I do have a trailer harness. I went through it once already, but I may actually take it off and completely rewire it to eliminate the possibility.
that will be the cause of your problem. Tacos are notorious for trailer harness problems...even the factory one has been recalled at one time or another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts