TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is what I need . I'm really starting to think long and hard about wheeling. I have always wanted to build a tub Chassis but I dont have the time our no how to bend all that tub so If any one could help me out in finding a chassis that is cool as shit but is not a mill bucks Jed and Terry now the one I was thinking of but I just can not find our how much our where to by it.
If any one knows our could help me find some links for co that make them plz post them here . thanks and hope to see you all soon on the trails our in my shop building a new rig .:saw::welder:

·
Registered
179 Posts
dave riegile (from off road ohio) is doing toy based tube chassis for a decent price dont quote me but i think he said i could drop him off my truck and $1500 and have one look like this minus the 4 link rear. i can pass you on his number if youd like pete

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
the style of chassis Pete was looking at was a two seater that used a rear mounted honda 4cyl from a front wheel drive with the transmission acting as the transfer case sending power both ways (no low/high range just transmission)

So far all the chassis kits I'm finding are front engine, mostly designed for a samurai or toyota driveline and they range from $3500-$5500 starting price. I'll keep looking

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Keep the stock frame and toss the ftoy chassis on top for 1395....honestly i see no tremendous benefits to going strictly tube over that setup....i have wheeled with zeman from Ga a few times and his flat out gets it.

I am 100% serious when i say mine will have a formula 4 chassis in a year or two.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Wow Pete, you really do hate sheet metal. :D

When I was searching a while back, I was dead set on the F-Toy chassis that Todd posted. What I couldn't tell in my web searches was if it came fully wleded or in a pile of prebent tube. The other thing for me, if I were to buy one, I would want one with a back seat and they don't have many photos on the web of the 4 seaters.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol yep sick of all the blind spots . really want to do some thing new and have a lil cash to play with + I do have the turbo runner its running real good now almost can spin the tires so that truck should be for the light day s of wheeling and the form toy could be when Charlie brings hid fj 40 out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
ugly's ok
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing