TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. About a year ago when i bought my truck used from a friend, he had his jack/tools in his toolbox in his bed. The box was broken into with a bar, and the bag which contained the tools (not the jack) was taken. Strange choice of things to steal, however i am missing them none the less. I stopped by a toyota parts shop at the dealership, and bought a few bolts for the skid plates which I accidentally ripped off a while back, and asked the guy how much it would cost for a set of replacement tools, and the carrying pouch.... i'm sorry i did!!! :eek: $80.00 would get me the TOOLS to use my jack. I know some of you guys have hilift jacks, and probably dont use the stock jack/tools anymore. If you dont use it, and could part with the tools, or had them sitting around, would you want to sell em to me? OR direct me to a place where i coudl get a hold of a set of these for something less than what the mfg wants.

On a side note, I have a "bug deflector" across the front hood of my truck, and the small rubber 'stoppers' in between the deflector and the front hood are beginning to break down... old I guess. Does anyone have an idea where I could find some replacements?

Thanks A BUNCH for the help guys! This place is a great resource!:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump... Anyone have any ideas even?:confused: :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Let me look and see what I have layin around. I can't promise you anything, plus i'm hobblin around on crutches. If i find any I'll let you know.

·
Registered
87 Posts
just go buy a real "floor" jack from any automotive retailer and a spinner wrench for the lugs. Or do it right and get the proper 1/2" drive socket to fit your lug nuts and carry it , an extension and a 1/2" breaker bar or1/2" long ratchet wrench- to drive it. A good torque wrench would be wise purchase, as well.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Hey guys.. About a year ago when i bought my truck used from a friend, he had his jack/tools in his toolbox in his bed. The box was broken into with a bar, and the bag which contained the tools (not the jack) was taken. Strange choice of things to steal, however i am missing them none the less. I stopped by a toyota parts shop at the dealership, and bought a few bolts for the skid plates which I accidentally ripped off a while back, and asked the guy how much it would cost for a set of replacement tools, and the carrying pouch.... i'm sorry i did!!! :eek: $80.00 would get me the TOOLS to use my jack. I know some of you guys have hilift jacks, and probably dont use the stock jack/tools anymore. If you dont use it, and could part with the tools, or had them sitting around, would you want to sell em to me? OR direct me to a place where i coudl get a hold of a set of these for something less than what the mfg wants.

On a side note, I have a "bug deflector" across the front hood of my truck, and the small rubber 'stoppers' in between the deflector and the front hood are beginning to break down... old I guess. Does anyone have an idea where I could find some replacements?

Thanks A BUNCH for the help guys! This place is a great resource!:D
I got the crank bag and the crank, I don't use it (never really did) pretty sure the lug wrench is there as well, but I will double check this weekend for you so let me know if you are still in need and how much it is all worth to you. I don't think it is worth that $80! that is fur sure!

Hit me up on email if you like at [email protected]

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
1bille1 said:
just go buy a real "floor" jack from any automotive retailer and a spinner wrench for the lugs. Or do it right and get the proper 1/2" drive socket to fit your lug nuts and carry it , an extension and a 1/2" breaker bar or1/2" long ratchet wrench- to drive it. A good torque wrench would be wise purchase, as well.
What about the tools to drop the spare? -

I've supplemented my stock tools with a 12T bottle jack, 4way ( I also have keep an impact gun & torque wrench w/me) But I still use the stock tools to drop the spare below my bed.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... All I really need is something to drop the spare from under the bed, because I doubt my jack will reach now that I have a 3" lift on my taco. I am looking into a "suv floor jack" (higher reach than "standard") and a set of high jack stands, but for the time being this is going to have to work... i'm a poor man!!!! :rolleyes: Assuming my stock jack wouldn't work for a tire change or something of the sort, I'm eventually planning on getting a new bedliner, and a lockable cap for the bed (flat). This would mean I have room for a HiLift, but would prefer to go the less expensive route, and the route that will fit in my cab:D as I don't think I can fit a HiLift in the cab on a daily driver. Anyone have any ideas?

Both Sgt_Matt & Bear Thanks! Would either of you take $25 for the set of tools? (just need the tools, and I'll pay for shipping also) It would only be fair to offer it to Sgt_Matt first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts