TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2003 doublecab and I need to make it more comfortable for me. I am 5'11" and used to fit perfect in a 1996 extracab but it seems the front seats in the doublecab don't go back as far. There is no support under my legs. I need to either make the seat go back a little further or raise the front of the seat a inch or so. Has anyone ever done either?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Do some research on seat swaps. There are after market seats available, take a trip to the wreckers or fabricate brackets to meet your needs. I build seat tracks and seat frames for a living (Non toyota) although the seating is similar, they are not that complicated. If you do any welding its critical those welds are strong, proper, quality welds! Remember its your ass in the seat. Take your seat out, ponder the possibilities and go form there. It's doable!

BTW welcome to TTORA! :)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I'm 5'11" too... I've got a 99 Taco with some crap seats too. Ive got the bench up front, but for Christmas my g/f got me some sweet Camo seat covers custom fit for the truck. As I was installing them, I went to WalMart and picked up some cheap pieces of foam stuff and shoved it underneath the seat covers. It made such a difference i can't even describe. You obviously dont need the expensive custom covers, but just a thought. Hope it helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts