TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 96 toy tac ext cab 3.4l v6 with 33in tires and a 3in lift. i need more power. i just bought a k&n fipk2 intake and i have flowmaster cat back right now. please help, what can i do that will boost my power.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
washrider said:
hey guys, i have a 96 toy tac ext cab 3.4l v6 with 33in tires and a 3in lift. i need more power. i just bought a k&n fipk2 intake and i have flowmaster cat back right now. please help, what can i do that will boost my power.
thanks for the help
put a search button on your dash...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Use the search button!!!!!! Lots of threads about this topic. Just keep trying different ways of wording. Also read the newbie section

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
themariachi said:
TRD Supercharger, URD Fuel Mods, Take off the FIPK2, Deckplate Mod, regear.
After installing a IA gauge, I highly doubt the deckplate mod adds any power in town or when a load is on the motor.

100 Degree intake temps when towing when it was only 50 degrees out...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
NorcalPR said:
After installing a IA gauge, I highly doubt the deckplate mod adds any power in town or when a load is on the motor.

100 Degree intake temps when towing when it was only 50 degrees out...
But it sounds cool...:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
I done a deckplate mod. It made some difference in power. You could be right though so i done the elbo mod. Feels like the same power increase and i believe it gets better gas mileage.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I done a deckplate mod. It made some difference in power. You could be right though so i done the elbo mod. Feels like the same power increase and i believe it gets better gas mileage.
Not to what I have found with my tests.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not to what I have found with my tests.
too many variables for your tests, its not for everyone ...and theres the S/C factor...

some people like the deckplate, some people dont...sounds good too :D

I have been getting a very slight increase in power/mpg since I did the deckplate...
take off your k&n it isnt doing much:2cents:

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
too many variables for your tests, its not for everyone ...and theres the S/C factor...

some people like the deckplate, some people dont...sounds good too :D

I have been getting a very slight increase in power/mpg since I did the deckplate...
take off your k&n it isnt doing much:2cents:
I don't ahve a kandn...

Your "test" has too many variables too. You cannot really distinguish mpg differences between a full tank of gas. There are WAY too many variables that way.

I thought that too when I first did it, but the SG proves otherwise.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
You got about 4 or 5 grand laying around;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Drop in a Buick Grand National engine and hope the bottom end doesn't crap out.
Do a few eazy mods to the motor and you got a 12-13 second Tacoma. :welder:

Or you can accept what you got and leave it alone, tons of Toyotas out there with lot less power doing the same thing.

df

1 - 20 of 23 Posts