TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between these two lifts... which should I get?

2.5" Pro Deluxe 1000

$249.99
+ $26 S/H

Included in kit:

* 2.5" Front Lift Spacers Kit-- CNC Machined From 6061 T-6 Aluminum
* 2" lift ToyTec Custom Rear Add-A-Leafs Made By Alcan Spring-- Offering OEM Style anti-friction Pads, these are a long rear add-a-leaf for a softer ride
* Longer rear Pro Comp 1000 Series Soft Ride Shocks-- These shocks offer the needed extended-length for lifting the rear suspension
* Leaf Spring Centering Pins
* Brake Proportioning Valve Bracket- needed to gain the correct brake proportioning back to the rear when lifting your rear suspension

or

2-1/2” Lift Coil Kit with AAL

$289.98
+ $30 S/H

Included in kit:

* 2 OME Front lift coil springs
* ToyTec Top plate spacers
* 6 top plate studs
* 2" lift ToyTec Custom Rear Add-A-Leafs Made By Alcan Spring-- Offering OEM Style anti-friction Pads, these are a long rear add-a-leaf for a softer ride
* Spring center bolts
* BPV Bracket

Do I need the longer shocks for the rear if it is only being raised 2"? If I don't need them then I can just get the 2.5" Pro Basic Kit for $189 w/o the shocks.

Also I know the coil lift will ride better on the street (which I want) but I have read quite a few posts about the springs sagging a lot in a short amount of time. Should I got with a 3" coil lift and compensate for the sag?

Thanks in advance for you help!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
iD GET THE 3 INCH COILS

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now initially won't 3" put my cv's at too great of a angle? I have auto hubs...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Get the second kit and add longer shocks. The spacer kit won't ride as good as the coils, and the coil kit without the longer shocks won't have enough extension travel.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I spent the last 3 hours using the search for Toytec OME coil lifts... basically what I read was the following:

1. A lot of people have drive line vibrations (seem to be on the newest body styles though).

2. Everyone says they sag or "settle" after a couple months.

So all the searching still does not answer the question... should I get the 3" coils and compensate for the sag/settle or will initially it be to much lift for my ADD?

I am thinking (correct me if I am wrong) that I would be better with the 3" coil's. Reason I am thinking this is I have a V6, X-cab and I am a BIG guy (275lbs) plus I have a tool box in the bed that has approx 250lbs in it. Plus I eventually plan on getting a winch on the front... can anyone tell me if there is any logic behind my reasoning here?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:

I spoke with someone from Toytec's tech dept. and he said the 3" 881's would settle down to about 2 1/2" of lift. He said the 3" will be fine on the cv's even though I have ADD.

The only choice I have to make is the 881's or the 882's. He said they BOTH under normal weight lift the same height, just the 882's will not sag as much under more weight. But the 881's will ride better under normal weight. So basically if I am going to get a winch and bumper later, 882's would be ideal, but if I don't end up going that route, the ride would have been nicer with the 881's. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Blinn79 said:
UPDATE:

I spoke with someone from Toytec's tech dept. and he said the 3" 881's would settle down to about 2 1/2" of lift. He said the 3" will be fine on the cv's even though I have ADD.

The only choice I have to make is the 881's or the 882's. He said they BOTH under normal weight lift the same height, just the 882's will not sag as much under more weight. But the 881's will ride better under normal weight. So basically if I am going to get a winch and bumper later, 882's would be ideal, but if I don't end up going that route, the ride would have been nicer with the 881's. Anyone have any recommendations?

ya pick a fuckin lift already , settle on what will happen in the future
sacrafice ride for now and with weight of a bumper/winch the ride will soften up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I recommend the 882's. The ride is fine.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Spacers bad, coils good. Every lift will eventually settle. Save money and do it right the first time. Don't be in a rush to do anything. Do research, compare and contrast, ride in other members' rigs. When a run is being planned ask if you can show up just to ride along with someone. If your truck is important to you, you'd go out of your way just to see what a similiar truck looks like with the lifts you're thinking of getting.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
rocker said:
I recommend the 882's. The ride is fine.
Ok, I misunderstood the tech. He just explained the 882's would lift it a little higher, as it states here too. I would go with the 882's, but you have to remember... the Toytec lifts come with a 3/4" spacer too... so if the 881's on average lift a V6 X-Cab 1.75-2" and then you add in the 3/4" spacer... you have between 2 1/2" to 2 3/4" of lift... which is BARELY safe for my cv's since I have ADD hubs.

The 882's would lift 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" by them selves, throw in the 3/4" spacer provided by Toytec with the kit, and you got 3" to 3 1/4"... not good for my cv's from what I have read... correct?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts