TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some ideas for my 2000 Regular Cab. I wanted to run 2 subs behind the seats along with a good component system for the front. I also wanted to run 2 amps but I'm not sure I'll have room for all this. What kind of set up are you regular cab guys running? I may just go with components up front and one sub in the rear and get a 4 channel amp and run it in Tri-Way mode.

·
Registered
279 Posts
jbordwine said:
I may just go with components up front and one sub in the rear and get a 4 channel amp and run it in Tri-Way mode.
Sounds like a good plan to me. If the amp can handle the load you could run two subs off the one bridged channel or run two subs off the amp in stereo. I think a Rockford 8004 would work pretty good in this situation.

Powering the front components will be no sweat.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I've got a MTX Thunderform w/a 10" sub in it and the box is custom molded to the back so i haven't lost any leg room...plus it looks good. I have my amp under my seat totally out of sight and it never gets in my way. The enclosure is 1 cu. ft. so you can get a real nice one that moves alot of air and put it in there since there is only room for one ten :( but it still is badass for a reg. cab truck.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
jbordwine said:
I need some ideas for my 2000 Regular Cab. I wanted to run 2 subs behind the seats along with a good component system for the front. I also wanted to run 2 amps but I'm not sure I'll have room for all this. What kind of set up are you regular cab guys running? I may just go with components up front and one sub in the rear and get a 4 channel amp and run it in Tri-Way mode.
I used to have have two tens behing my seats. I have a MTX thunderform with a mtx 6000 in it behind my drivers seat, and an Eclipse aluminum 10 behind my passenger seat in a box I built. The drivers seat hasn't lost any room, but due to the depth of the eclipse, the passenger seat lost about 1/3 of the room. I took out the eclipse due to this. I also used to have a JL 500/1, but I let my friend use it on his 2 12's because it has too much power for the MTX 10. I have a mtx 250d under my drivers sear for the sub. I also have eclipse 6 1/2" in each door. I put a JL VR 6x9 in between my two bucket seats. I have 2 radio shack tweeters ($9) behind my head on the pillar. I have an eclipse 4/3/2 on all of the highs under my passenger seat, but it barely fits under the seat. Just to tell you what is possible, I used to have two 12's behind my seats, which were in boxes that I built. If you get 12's, they cant be too deep, or the seat wont go back too far.

Teddy

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
std cab audio options

I am interested to know as well
Maybe all of us std cab owners will chime in
I will post pics if necessary
STD CABS RULE

System:
Alpine 9813
MTX RT2200 stereo amp
MTX Thunderform enclosure, new series 6000 subwoofer(bout it off Ebay for $23.00)
Boston Acoustics Ralleye series 6.5" components
(need to replace them soon, they are quite abused)
looking to have custom door panels made

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
jbordwine said:
How do you guys like your Thunderform enclosures? Do they hit as hard as a regular ported box?[/QUOTE

I dont like mine that much because mtx subs are kinda sloppy IMO. Thunderforms are the best way to go because the only other ways are build your own boxes(which about 1/3 of the time fit right), or to get a custom box made($$$$). They dont hit as hard as if the sub was in a regular box. I think that they dont have enough airspace and the material that they use makes the sub sound bad. On the other hand, I got the box for $15 and the 6000 sub for $38. Not a bad investment. Most car audio shops have small enough truck boxes that can fit behind your passenger seat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 2 JL 10s W0s behind my seat. The box is a not that big (not sure what the measurements are), but I'm not that tall so it works perfect for me. My amp is under the driver's seat and is running just the 2 subs. The front speakers are stock, but I also have tweeters by the "oh shit" bars on the pillars. Sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
jbordwine said:
Make a custom fiber glass box for behind the seats. you'll love that it leaves you all the room that you need and that it gives you great sound! you'll be able to run big speakers in a little space.

If you all haven't figured out I'm all about making fiber glass boxes and whatever. It has to be the best way I have ever come up with to make things fit, sound great and look great. you can carpet'em, paint'em and what ever else. Also if you do it even close to right they can be tossed around like it's cool and you wont have to worry about it breaking or cracking.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
(How do you guys like your Thunderform enclosures? Do they hit as hard as a regular ported box?)

I really like mine. It is 1cu foot like I stated which is plenty of air for any 10" i could find. I'm running a pioneer sub in mine. I didn't like the one it came with. It is more than I'd ever need in my little truck cab lol. I can't imagine you guys running 2 12's in a reg cab :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
jbordwine said:
I just did something similar on an ext cab taco. I made a custom box for a 10" sub to go behind the seat. the best part is that you can put the seat all the way back. The guy is coming back to get one on the other side next month. I also put comps up front. all in all it sounded badass

·
Registered
90 Posts
98 Taco said:
I am interested to know as well
Maybe all of us std cab owners will chime in
I will post pics if necessary
STD CABS RULE

System:
Alpine 9813
MTX RT2200 stereo amp
MTX Thunderform enclosure, new series 6000 subwoofer(bout it off Ebay for $23.00)
Boston Acoustics Ralleye series 6.5" components
(need to replace them soon, they are quite abused)
looking to have custom door panels made
Hi.............................

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has seen any custom boxes for an extended cab, since they only make a thunderform for the standard cab. I would like to find something that didn't take away from the seating space in the rear, since it is pretty limited to begin with.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
I was wondering if anyone has seen any custom boxes for an extended cab, since they only make a thunderform for the standard cab. I would like to find something that didn't take away from the seating space in the rear, since it is pretty limited to begin with.
JL stealthbox. http://www.jlaudio.com . They sound really good.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think that JL's website must be down or something. I couldn't get it to work. Go to a good car audio shop that carries JL. They should have a big book that has two boxes for tacomas. 1 for std. cab and 1 for ext. cab. Or, you could try their website in a couple of days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a an 8" audiobahn behind my seat in a ported fiberglass box that I made it sounds awsome ive got a 250w Pioneer amp pushing it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
15 Participants
TacoCrazy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing