TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to try and get the emissions checked on my taco today in North Glenn and found out that I need to have a 33" or smaller tire. Would anybody be willing to let me borrow a set of 33's for a couple hours. I would greatly appreciate it. I have 6 lug on my 1 ton axles so I can still run toy wheels. You can hold my 40's as collateral. Oh yeah I am located in Brighton.

Thanks
-Trent

·
20,355 Posts
Have a set of 33's on wheels you can borrow. would have to pick them up from my house in loveland though. shoot me a pm if that works for you.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Isn't Brighton in Weld County and therefore no emissions?
el-wrong-o

Brighton ends at road 2, the south side of road 2 is adams, the north side of road 2 is weld.

dstrbdone, sorry i just got home. Was gone all day, however, if you need my 255/85's to go do emissions they should let you do them (as they've let me do them before). They're on stock tacoma wheels so i'm not sure how that'll clear all of your suspension/steering stuff but we can find out sometime this week if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
el-wrong-o

Brighton ends at road 2, the south side of road 2 is adams, the north side of road 2 is weld.

dstrbdone, sorry i just got home. Was gone all day, however, if you need my 255/85's to go do emissions they should let you do them (as they've let me do them before). They're on stock tacoma wheels so i'm not sure how that'll clear all of your suspension/steering stuff but we can find out sometime this week if you're interested.
They should work. My mom is down visiting the grand kids this weekend but if you don't mind I definitely would like to try them. When would be a good time to pick them up? I will be gone today till this evening. During the week I go to school at night. Do you still have my #? if not let me know and I will PM it too you. We will just be taking the kids to the zoo today so feel free to call if you get a chance. I appreciate it.

Thanks
-Trent

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a set of 33's on wheels you can borrow. would have to pick them up from my house in loveland though. shoot me a pm if that works for you.
Thanks for the offer. I am going to try to use 00regcab's here in town first.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Well mine are on my truck, not just spare set laying around so i'd have to figure something out to support my truck without tires on it. I'm going to see what i have going on this week, and what day i wont need my truck, then I'll PM you. Not sure if i still have your # or not.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
el-wrong-o

Actually, Brighton has annexed into Weld County. Alot for a majorly politically pushed project, Vestas.

(not meant to be anal or anything, just saying)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Actually, Brighton has annexed into Weld County. Alot for a majorly politically pushed project, Vestas.

(not meant to be anal or anything, just saying)
They're Brighton addresses, however not within Brighton city limits. They're technically unincorporated Adams/Weld County. Brighton also hasn't grew it all to the north, just every other direction lol.

Either way, doesn't really matter. All I know is I missed the emissions cutoff point by MAYBE 500 yards. Chaps my ass.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They're Brighton addresses, however not within Brighton city limits. They're technically unincorporated Adams/Weld County. Brighton also hasn't grew it all to the north, just every other direction lol.

Either way, doesn't really matter. All I know is I missed the emissions cutoff point by MAYBE 500 yards. Chaps my ass.
Um, actually. Brighton City Limits extends North beyond CR2 (I have personal experience with some of them). Again, just personal experience. The complex for Vestas is VERY impressive if any of you drive past it on 85. It says alot for the future for this area for employment and renewable energy.:cool: Worth a glance, and put up VERY fast for its size.:eek:

Eh, 'nough with it all. I have my stock 32's on Taco rims in Fort Collins if you really need a set. You'd have to come pick up though.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well mine are on my truck, not just spare set laying around so i'd have to figure something out to support my truck without tires on it. I'm going to see what i have going on this week, and what day i wont need my truck, then I'll PM you. Not sure if i still have your # or not.
If it is too much trouble I can try to get a seperate set. I do however have a set of jack stands you can borrow also. I could even remove them if you are busy. I am at your mercy so whatever is easier. I will PM you my number.

Thanks
-Trent

Um, actually. Brighton City Limits extends North beyond CR2 (I have personal experience with some of them). Again, just personal experience. That damn complex for Vestas is VERY impressive if any of you drive past it on 85. It says alot for the future for this area for employment and renewable energy.:cool: Worth a glance, and put up VERY fast for its size.:eek:

Eh, 'nough with it all. I have my stock 32's on Taco rims in Fort Collins if you really need a set. You'd have to come pick up though.
If by chance we can't get a good time to get the tires off 00regcab's truck I may hit you up.

Thanks
-Trent

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
God I hate that stupid tire size emissions rule. One BIG reason we love living in weld county!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
lol ive been told its a rule because any bigger and there is a chance that the contact patch will outpace the rollers and the truck will come off the machine....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
He's going to be picking mine up saturday, and we'll either put 40's on it just to leave it sit in the driveway, or just leave it on jackstands.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
lol IF they do. It'll be a 100% stationary position. I doubt they will, but hey. since 40's are off, and my 34's are off. Why not at least peep the situation? :p

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Um, actually. Brighton City Limits extends North beyond CR2 (I have personal experience with some of them). Again, just personal experience. That damn complex for Vestas is VERY impressive if any of you drive past it on 85. It says alot for the future for this area for employment and renewable energy.:cool: Worth a glance, and put up VERY fast for its size.:eek:

If it is too much trouble I can try to get a seperate set. I do however have a set of jack stands you can borrow also. I could even remove them if you are busy. I am at your mercy so whatever is easier. I will PM you my number.

Thanks
-Trent

If by chance we can't get a good time to get the tires off 00regcab's truck I may hit you up.

Thanks
-Trent
God I hate that stupid tire size emissions rule. One BIG reason we love living in weld county!
Quite open for whenever. Just let me know.:cool:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nate, I got your message but I was at school. I am running 1/2" by 20 standard wheel studs. The stock toy wheels have the flat lug nuts that go through the wheels. So whatever wheel I use I have to use my tapered lug nuts unless you know of some standard thread style that would work with your wheels. There is a chance that my tapered nuts would work temporarily but I don't want to damage your wheels. I guess if all else fails we could look at it saturday and determine whether or not it will work to go 13 miles.

Later
-Trent

1 - 20 of 32 Posts