TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2wd to use as a daily driver, a few days ago I decided to do a tune-up and cleaned my throttle body, well it turns out that all the carbon built up around the sides of the throttle body door had worn it out, so the door is a little egg shaped and doesnt seal tight now (Truck idles at 2200 rpm's). Anyways I cant get just the door from the dealer, has anyone seen an aftermarket one, or have any other suggestions? Oh yeah motor is the v6, thanks for any input!

·
Registered
717 Posts
if i where you i would check in your area to see if there are any pick-n-pulls in your area. that way you could get the part you need for cheap. other than that, i would say that you would have to get the part from the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I checked the salvage yards, none of them have any bad V6 motors and they wont pull parts off the running ones. The dealer only wanted 700 dollars or some rediculous amount for the throttle body. I think I might just pull the one off my prerunner, It doesnt sit and idle much anyways!:xrocker:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The aformentioned is your only option. No after market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts