TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna build my own skid plate for my transfer case. I wanted to know if anyone could find out the deminsions of one of the skid plates that cover all away across the bottom. I really need it fast so i can go into my welding class and start working. thanks alot

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Well yo uneed to make a x member as well and your dimensions can be different than those depending on the design of you x member. I would recommend using a tape measure and some big pieces of cardboard to mock it all up, then cut weld grind paint

easy as pie

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already finsished it:) i can jack my entire truck with it

·
Registered
764 Posts
green96taco said:
i already finsished it:) i can jack my entire truck with it
haha. that was damn quick! guess you didn't need the dimensions from anyone. get some pics up!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm no pics yet im having camera issues.i recently got my new 3" toytec lift and new 285-75-17 timberline M/ts nd now im going for armor. My transfer skid plate is about like any other one you can buy its made of 3/16 steel, it does all the was across the frame. its sweet. i can literally put a jack under it and lift my intire truck.its so bad. now i need to fab up a 1 peice skid for the whole front and some sliders:)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
nice, and like was said...PICS!!!:D

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
green96taco said:
umm no pics yet im having camera issues.i recently got my new 3" toytec lift and new 285-75-17 timberline M/ts nd now im going for armor. My transfer skid plate is about like any other one you can buy its made of 3/16 steel, it does all the was across the frame. its sweet. i can literally put a jack under it and lift my intire truck.its so bad. now i need to fab up a 1 peice skid for the whole front and some sliders:)
:worthless

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing