TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. first of all Hello!!!. Im planning on a summer trip to colorado. Half of my family lives in Nebraska and half in california. So after talking to my family we decided to meet half way. So I need help looking for a cabin or house we can rent for 4-7 days. Cabin would be better.Im looking for a place not to far from the city but not right next to it. so any Inf. or if u guys know anybody with a cabin please let me know. O and we r a big family so 5-6 rooms would be great:D. Pm with any inf.

Thanks Alex

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
what exactly are you considering halfway???? nebraska to cali makes me think more of i-80.... which leaves you with the endless expanse of wyoming.....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
FRBO.com has some options.
Or you can try:

www.vrbo.com

Most of the time these are great deals. In some tropical locations you can get these houses fully staffed for week.

If you are hitting up Colorado think Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek. Or if you would prefer further south in the San Juan range think Telluride or Durango. Crested Butte is awesome in the summer but in a boxed canyon so more secluded.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yes, get thee to a mountain cabin during the summer. Too hot on the front range then. (When exactly are you thinking of coming??)

·
7,735 Posts
Yes, get thee to a mountain cabin during the summer. Too hot on the front range then. (When exactly are you thinking of coming??)
too hot on the front range?:rolleyes: There are a few days here/there, but I wouldn't classify it as "too hot".

Which city were you talking about? Denver? Vail? Steamboat?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or you can try:

www.vrbo.com

Most of the time these are great deals. In some tropical locations you can get these houses fully staffed for week.

If you are hitting up Colorado think Breckenridge, Vail, Beaver Creek. Or if you would prefer further south in the San Juan range think Telluride or Durango. Crested Butte is awesome in the summer but in a boxed canyon so more secluded.
Thanks. N yes we r thinking Colorado. We r looking for a good place for kids. Off all those city's u named, which one u recommend me to go?

·
Registered
772 Posts
or buena vista.

Iza tak u rurfting dern dat dur reevir. Is purfektly safe Iza promiz! haha

but really. you could come rafting with me.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Fuck it.. can't answer questions if you can't understand the language the question is in.
Come on Doug get with the times. Texting is the way of the future. Why type the whole word when all you need is a letter.

Thanks. N yes we r thinking Colorado. We r looking for a good place for kids. Off all those city's u named, which one u recommend me to go?
I might have to say Breckenridge if you want fun for the kids as well. There is an alpine slide, horse back riding, lake Dillon is a short distance away. River fishing and if you go over into Leadville there is a scenic train ride as well.

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Oh Molly you haven't been through a full hot summer in Texas yet have you? Once you have done that coming to the front range in Colorado in July and August will be a refreshing cool down compared to TX. :p

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... I know. I got the tail end of it in September and it sucked. But maybe colorado front range seemed stupid hot to me because the last HOW didn't have central air OR giant trees (ahem Doug) to keep the temps down.

I would second Breckenridge as a good general location. Central to lots of things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts