TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone local that can provide me with 2 left hand threaded and 2 right hand threaded jam nuts. Size 7/8" - 18TPI. None of the shops carry them (Monument, Napa, 4WD Specialties, J & M Fasteners). I could have them ordered and possibly have them in by tomorrow.

Anyone have any!!!!! I had to cut through my old ones trying to replace my TRE's and DLE's.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
dyogim said:
Thanks! Needing something local within the Pittsburg/Concord/Walnut Creek(Norcal) area and I'm hoping to get somthing today.
This would be the expensive way, but you could buy a couple tie rod ends from Monument. Upside would be having trail spares.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
622 Posts
u tried a chevy dealrship? i got a part # from a guy on my buildup thread and looked for it and here it is. dont know if it will work because i havnt checked because my TREs came with them but it was what i was told to get.
P/N:14026805 (left hand)
P/N: 14026806 (right hand).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike said:
This would be the expensive way, but you could buy a couple tie rod ends from Monument. Upside would be having trail spares.

Later,
....Mike
The one I bought from Monument didn't have the jam nut on them.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tacoma87 said:
u tried a chevy dealrship? i got a part # from a guy on my buildup thread and looked for it and here it is. dont know if it will work because i havnt checked because my TREs came with them but it was what i was told to get.
P/N:14026805 (left hand)
P/N: 14026806 (right hand).
Thanks I'll try that.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
dyogim said:
The one I bought from Monument didn't have the jam nut on them.
That sucks. Every TRE I bought there had jam nuts, grease fitting, cotter pin, castle nut etc. I always get the Moog stuff.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike said:
That sucks. Every TRE I bought there had jam nuts, grease fitting, cotter pin, castle nut etc. I always get the Moog stuff.

Later,
....Mike
I had Perfect Circle brands originally when I put together the axle. This time I went with the (Duralast)Autozone stuff except for one, ES2010L(moog) from Monument. Only one of the Duralast ones had a jam nut. I was reading on the net the Autozone's are supposedly made by Moog and put into the Duralast box. Not sure if there's any truth to that. In any case, all of the TRE's and DRE's came with the grease fitting, cotter pin and castle nut as well.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As a back up, I ordered some from Parts Mike. Hoping they'll be delivered by tomorrow. Napa is going to call me back to verify they can order them by tomorrow.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
dyogim said:
Looking for someone local that can provide me with 2 left hand threaded and 2 right hand threaded jam nuts. Size 7/8" - 18TPI. None of the shops carry them (Monument, Napa, 4WD Specialties, J & M Fasteners). I could have them ordered and possibly have them in by tomorrow.

Anyone have any!!!!! I had to cut through my old ones trying to replace my TRE's and DLE's.
there's a nut/bolt place in Berkeley that has everything...I'll try to find the name of the place...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hytenor said:
there's a nut/bolt place in Berkeley that has everything...I'll try to find the name of the place...
Thanks! If they don't come in tomorrow, I'll have to drive out to Be-zerk-ley. :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:xbeer1: Thanks to PartsMike for coming through and sending it next day. Ordered two left and two right at around 1:30pm yesterday and they were delievered about an hour ago.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
dyogim
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing