TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help on a few matters here, first of all im running 99 taco w/ 33's 2 in bl and 3 1/2 fox shox, 1 in block and 1 1/2 aal, question here is the schrader valve on the fox is gone and the shock has no nitrogen, should i rebuild this shock or go for some new ones, second i want to get rid of that block in the rear, how should i go about getting the lift i need there, if the answer is get a custom leaf pack minus overload how will that hold up to say hauling a quad. Next if someone could address the locker issue, i have a buddie that can score me detroits for 600 total front and rear. Lastly should i supercharge or lock. i do a medium amount of offroading and a descent amount of on road driving w some interstate driving occasionally. well i cant think of anything else at the moment, but thank you everybody for the help.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
spill_02 said:
I'm looking for some help on a few matters here, first of all im running 99 taco w/ 33's 2 in bl and 3 1/2 fox shox, 1 in block and 1 1/2 aal, question here is the schrader valve on the fox is gone and the shock has no nitrogen, should i rebuild this shock or go for some new ones, second i want to get rid of that block in the rear, how should i go about getting the lift i need there, if the answer is get a custom leaf pack minus overload how will that hold up to say hauling a quad. Next if someone could address the locker issue, i have a buddie that can score me detroits for 600 total front and rear. Lastly should i supercharge or lock. i do a medium amount of offroading and a descent amount of on road driving w some interstate driving occasionally. well i cant think of anything else at the moment, but thank you everybody for the help.
i say i've seen your truck and it's fine...stop it already and :stfu:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know sam

i know sam, but i gotta upgrade, you know how it is, your gonna be blown soon so i gotta compete. btw i had to pull out some big ass trucks today in the snow. :eek:zzy:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i do a little of everything, so a well rounded shock like the hoe would be awesome, but i dont know if it would be wise to just rebuild or spend the money, that means say bye bye supercharger

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
spill_02 said:
i know sam, but i gotta upgrade, you know how it is, your gonna be blown soon so i gotta compete. btw i had to pull out some big ass trucks today in the snow. :eek:zzy:
well i say go custom alcans in the back and new hoes and caller done...but what do i know...btw, how did you like the 2 feet of snow today? talk to you later phil...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
spill_02 said:
oh, yeah...i'll sell you my SAWs...how about it... :D

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
spill_02 said:
the valve can be replaced.

look into having your OE leafpks rebuilt with a 4th leaf and re-arched for up to a 3" lift. you can have this done for under $300 by a local spring shop. check your yellow pgs under 'spring'. If you need more than 3", add a set of 1.5" shackles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
themariachi said:
well i say go custom alcans in the back and new hoes and caller done...but what do i know...btw, how did you like the 2 feet of snow today? talk to you later phil...
well i think i wanna wait and see how your supercharger runs then make my decision oh and the snow is sick, no school :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts