TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a 2.5" suspension lift on my '04 4x4 Tacoma. Need to buy an extra long rear brake hose, cheap but asap (so I can get back to safely driving). Any suggestions? Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I've heard from other folks on this board that you can just buy another stock brake line from the stealer and couple it to your existing one (probably the quickest solution). Some people seem to get by with just bending the bracket. A lot of brake and auto shops make custom lengths too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mariachi, Advance auto parts has the rear brake hoses available for $12.26. Seems a lot cheaper than other more specialized dealers. If it works just as well (or nearly just as well), then what's worth the extra cost?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't believe so. However, I don't offroad like a madman (90-95% highway driving, then mostly muddin'), so I'm not sure the extra cost of steel-braiding is worth it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I just coupled another stock one to mine and its fine, cheap too.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
FortPieToyo said:
Mariachi, Advance auto parts has the rear brake hoses available for $12.26. Seems a lot cheaper than other more specialized dealers. If it works just as well (or nearly just as well), then what's worth the extra cost?
then go with the two stockers, they should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts