TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to buy a used Tacoma and was wondering if anyone could give me advice. I’m noticing a lot of 2003-2004’s on the market with 70-80k miles. Is there a reason there are so many, do these develop problems around this time? Are there any problems with any Tacomas I should look out for? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You'll find a lot of any type of vehicle that is about 3 or 4 years old. That's when most peoples leases run out, and people who own their cars start to sell them because the warranty is getting close to up(in terms of either milleage and/or years).

'03 and '04 are probably some of the better years to buy of the Tacoma because they the newest versions of the long-lasting and proven Tacoma/Toy-Truck design that has proven soo great over the years... before the new redesign in '05. I don't really know much about the '05+ trucks compared to the old ones, other than some stats that I've read that state that the pre-05 Taco 4x4's have more ground clearance in stock form over a similarly equipped newer generation version of it and that they are smaller and slightly lighter than the newer ones in general.... but the newer ones have better options in terms of more powerful motors.

I'm not sure about the frame integrity of the newer trucks, but I'd imagine that it couldn't be any worse than the 96-04 Tacos.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
MY best guess, everyone ran out to buy the new 05-07 trucks:confused: :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts