TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone? i need some help.....i have a 96 tacoma, getting ready to start my sas, but i dont know which leaf spring set up to go with? ive searched...ive read..but now i would like to see some specs and some pics of diffrent set ups and maybe some flex pics. i have a dana 60 for the front and a dana 70 for the rear, im also on kind of a small buget.....oh i have a set of chevy springs..63 rears and 2 sets of fronts with 4" lift. i dont want to run blocks if pos. and i need to clear 40's...please help....

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Honestly your about to get majorly flamed for asking a question such as that without searching. Search the SAS swaps, their tire size and what not. This has been discussed like 9000000 times. Reading up on them too will help for tips and little tricks and maybe ideas that you may not have thought of on the way.

Also check pirate4x4.com make you wont get flammed there, just ask theyll help. :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
whats up everyone? i need some help.....i have a 96 tacoma, getting ready to start my sas, but i dont know which leaf spring set up to go with? ive searched...ive read..but now i would like to see some specs and some pics of diffrent set ups and maybe some flex pics. i have a dana 60 for the front and a dana 70 for the rear, im also on kind of a small buget.....oh i have a set of chevy springs..63 rears and 2 sets of fronts with 4" lift. i dont want to run blocks if pos. and i need to clear 40's...please help....

:saw: is your friend...

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
I'm assuming you have a v6 or v8 conversion, really low gears and a crawler... right? ;)

captainkirk ran them for a while but went back to 38s.
expect to do a bunch of fender trimming and push that front axle as far forward as possible.

Jeff (getting ramped by Chuck) in Norcal is on 44s now and Chuck (Bentup.com, red truck) is running 40s or 42s

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
captainkirk ran them for a while but went back to 38s.
expect to do a bunch of fender trimming and push that front axle as far forward as possible.
Although Kirk did run a tire near the 40" range, he was not running a 70 or even a 60 in the rear. He went back down to help stop the breakage he was experiencing.

As for the question at hand. Unless a truck is going to be as tall as a mining dump truck, you'll need to cut the fenders or take them off to keep it low. Another option that isn't to popular due to it's limitations is the spring under set up, but you'd still have to do the cutting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hay man thanks for your info..what kind of springs are you running in the rear of your truck, when it was still an extra cab...?

·
Registered
193 Posts
heres mine-
96 taco on 40" iroks. 25" to frame at 30psi, no body lift, minor rubbage after "trimming" but still my dd 300 miles a week on street tires. Heres the buildup:http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=27707.0

ask me anything you want to know. I think its pretty well covered there though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts