TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its for the rear drive shaft 99 TRD 4WD Xtracab V6. Should I go with genuine Toyota or would the Autozone brand be as good?
Thanks in advance.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
I was told that the Toyota ones were made by Spicer.....the choice is yours, but I'd go with the Toyota because I have a S/C and locker....you might even be able to get a Spicer brand U-joint from the parts store....

·
Registered
119 Posts
the spicer brand can be had for about $25/each i think. that is what i am running. however, the zerk is on the outside of the joint, and mine got ripped off by the gas tank skid. the oem ujoints have the zerk in the center, so it is protected by the driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
if you get an autozone one, the zerk is between the arms of the joint requiring a different fitting for your grease gun. It is annoying, but they are really cheap.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
AR10fan said:
Its for the rear drive shaft 99 TRD 4WD Xtracab V6. Should I go with genuine Toyota or would the Autozone brand be as good?
Thanks in advance.

ahhhh, toyota. They are stronger than the others, it`s what about 4-5 buggy`s I know run...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
ShowStop
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing