TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 2.7L 4x4 5spd. I am in the process of a SAS. I want to remove as much vacuum stuff as possible. I already bypassed the steering pump vacuum. I will need to remove the ADD vacuum stuff. Does anyone know how far I can take it with removing the vacuum lines. I would like to minimize the lines since it will be a toy. It is important that it runs well so it must be done properly but I want a clean engine bay and to remove anything that is unneccesary. Any picks would be great or vacuum diagrams. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
shovelracer said:
I have a 98 2.7L 4x4 5spd. I already bypassed the steering pump vacuum.
Here’s a bump for ya

I’d also like to know more about the “steering pump vacuum” system/mod

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The steering vacuum is very simple. It just closes the vacuum line when the pump is stressed. Like when you are turning into a parking spot with no throttle. The closure causes the idle to raise slightly preventing the engine from bogging down. It just so happened that I broke off one of the nipples while changing something and needed to bypass the pump. I never replaced the part and just connected the two hoses. I havent noticed any ill effects, but my truck isnt stock and doesnt act like one so its hard to notice anything wrong over the noise, wobbles, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
shovelracer said:
The steering vacuum is very simple. It just closes the vacuum line when the pump is stressed. ....causes the idle to raise slightly ...I broke off one of the nipples ....... never replaced the part and just connected the two hoses.
Interesting. I never knew about that. I have a 01, wonder if it's the same. I'll have to check closely. Is the vac line hooked right to the streeing? Rack? Pump?

Thanks. :)

I guess there isn't alot of vacuum line info around here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
ZR2Steve
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing