TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I have been driving with a damaged front end recently. It does not look serious but the valence and the two metal frame braces behind the valence are both destroyed. I didn't notice at first because the valence popped back out and covered the damage until I tried to clean it. Anyways, does anyone want to get rid of a valence that is lying around or do you know where I should look? I called the stealer and they gave me a parts quote on the three parts of $345. I think he cut the price because he mentioned other prices first. Is the dealer the only place to get these parts? Thanks in advance for the help.

bryan

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dude, talk to Chris at http://www.trdparts4u.com. LIST on that valence is only $128... and the brackets are cheap too.

Dealer tried to rip you a new one bro.

Helpful hint... take the bumper off and swap the valence while it's resting on a table or something.... then put it all back on together.

Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I just realized that I stuck this post in the wrong category, but I don't know how to move it. Anyways, is it hard to remove the bumper?
bryan

·
Registered
650 Posts
piece of cake to get the bumper off. 4 bolts in the front... maybe one on each side as well.

make sure you're careful putting it back on... it's easy to scratch the paint.

Brian

·
Registered
43 Posts
To make sure you dont scratch the paint [i did on mine] put masking tape on all the parts that you think might make contact and scratch. I figured that one out 1/2 way through :\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
tam
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing