TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i went to raise the SAW's a bit and wound up bending the spanner wrench that they come with :rolleyes: im not sure in the first place why its so damn hard to adjust them. now i need to find a wrench. any ideas? looking for something stronger the stock one.

is there a trick or best way to raise the coilovers? i jacked the truck up, took the wheel off, even removed the bolt bolt to try and get all the perload off. and still couldnt get the thing to budge :confused:

thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear that if you use a strap wrench, they work and won't scratch the coil overs

·
Registered
119 Posts
norcaltacoma said:
well i went to raise the SAW's a bit and wound up bending the spanner wrench that they come with :rolleyes: im not sure in the first place why its so damn hard to adjust them. now i need to find a wrench. any ideas? looking for something stronger the stock one.

is there a trick or best way to raise the coilovers? i jacked the truck up, took the wheel off, even removed the bolt bolt to try and get all the perload off. and still couldnt get the thing to budge :confused:

thanks
After I release the retaining boly I spray Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster around the collar and on the threads. It makes adjusting them a lot easier and when you tighten the retaining bolt down they aren't going to go anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Dyingyak
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing