TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have recently traded in my 2008 tundra on a 2006 tacoma. Nothing is wrong with it except I barely drive it. I work alot and have a company vehicle that I get to keep. Ive had it for about 3 weeks and haven even put 15 miles on it. What would you do in this situation? Ditch the 400+ payment a month and just eventually pay outright on an older truck or stick it out? The truck has a perfect history and has never even been off pavement. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
for real wheeling i would go with an older cheaper truck. no reason to beat up a nice, new, expensive toy. if youre just running fire roads and nothing too crazy either an older truck or a newer one will perform just fine. but if you like the comforts of a newer truck keep it and enjoy it. I guess what im trying to say through my ramblings is that it all depends on what you want out of it and what you want to pay for, which I guess really doesnt answer your question at all. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. If and when I do get the little time to go out wheelin, I mainly just want something that would be able to get me there, do the job and get me home. I think a cheaper truck would be better because I am trying to save as much money as possible right now for future investments(house) lol.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If you think about it in terms on money spent on payments you may be suprised. If you ditched the Tacoma, and set the $400 a month aside that you would be spending if you still had it, it adds up pretty quick. You can find a very capable older 4x4 Toyota for $3-4k. It would only take you 10 months to save up that amount of money, and buy one with cash. I have paid cash for every single one of my 21 vehicles I have owned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea same here man. This taco was my 23rd lol and only this one and the tundra were financed. Im going to put it up for sale and see what happens. I got some money set aside that I could pick up a decent truck right now. The biggest thing is finding something thats not going to take a shit on me haha. We will see though, if you know of anybody looking for a dealer quality taco for a private seller price send them my way:kewl:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I will trade you straight across :) Minus the payments of course! lol good luck on selling it and I am sure you will find something fun and reliable!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks man. I actually have my eye on a 89 sas and 3.4 swap! Lol jk man but good looking truck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts