TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My T100 was awesome in high school, but now that i am in college, I need the T to convert to something practical. My dilemma is this: I currently have a 3" BL on it and am wanting to remove it, but I do not have the parts removed from original install of the BL. Any creative minds with solutions or owners with experience with this issue have any solutions? Thanks in advance for all input.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sure! Easy!

What you should have done was thrown out the old bolts, installed spacers, and then longer bolts right?

So just go in revers... But this time pick up grade 8 or 9 1/2 inch bolts of the right length with hardened washers and nylocks.

I do not believe there is anything else to the body lift... But look...
anyway, just pull the long bolts, spacers, and drill out the 12mm whole to take the 1/2 inch bolt.

We use coarse bolts for this...

re install the new bolts and you are good!

Not sure how the lifted the bed... But it is basically the same thing, only you may have installed those bed spacers in the center... So make sure they are removed too. :2cents:

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
What you should have done was thrown out the old bolts, installed spacers, and then longer bolts right?

So just go in revers... But this time pick up grade 8 or 9 1/2 inch bolts of the right length with hardened washers and nylocks.

I do not believe there is anything else to the body lift... But look...
anyway, just pull the long bolts, spacers, and drill out the 12mm whole to take the 1/2 inch bolt.

We use coarse bolts for this...

re install the new bolts and you are good!

Not sure how the lifted the bed... But it is basically the same thing, only you may have installed those bed spacers in the center... So make sure they are removed too. :2cents:
Why coarse thread instead of fine? Rough install equals fouled threads?

·
Registered
819 Posts
You can go and buy a kit if that is what you need to do... But buying just bolts is a hell of a lot cheaper... Plus you can buy better bolts.

We use course on this because it is easier if you need to take them apart after years of eating the grime. Less of a chance to wipe out the threads when backing off the nuts.

We use at LEAST grade 8 because we have seen a cab of a truck rip off the frame in a roll over.
Safety first... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts