TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed -- Clock mounting "adapter"

So, as some of you may have seen a few months ago, my 87 got stolen and I now have a 92. I got a stock digital clock for it. However, when I went to mount it, there was no way it would match up with the existing holes. So, long story short, I went to my local dealer and argued with the dude for about 10 minutes that there MUST be an adapter that I need to make it work. Finally, he looked in an old parts book and VIOLA, an adpater is needed for base model 2wd and base model 4wd. The adapter is nearly $40!!! WTF!

So, if anybody has the "adapter", or has a non-base truck that does not have a clock installed, if you want to rip out that "adapter", I would pay for it!

FYI -- the stock part number for the adapter is 08607-16801

Email me at [email protected] if you can help me out. TIA, Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
elliot_irwin said:
go to a damn wrecking yard they will probably just give it to you
LOL. You are prolly right. Guess I am a lazy bastard.

I was researching a bit more and found the page in the old book online. It can bee seen here http://www.toyotaworld.com/accessories/digital_clock.htm
Now that I read it, I see that it says nothing about a 92 4x4 needing anything. The adapter is for the Corolla I think.

Now I am fricken confused. Does your digital clock mount right to the dash or is there some sort of bracket? F&$K! there is no way mine will mount up...It just does not fit. I know I got the right clock...I crossed referenced the part number... Ideas??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOYOTAPARTS said:
I have one ...bring yer clock and we can look in oh 5 diff trucks and ill bet we can figure it out...
Cool. I will give you a holla if I can't get this figured out soon. Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts