TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
4WD Toyota Owner magazine is building up an FJ Cruiser to race in the Baja 500 in June. You can see it at our web page.

Our current cage builder has proven flaky as hell.

We need a recommendation on a fab shop in SoCal that can get a SCORE certifiable cage done--and get it done on time.

We would showcase the hell out of the shop/fabber in multiple issues.

Any shops/web sites/ numbers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Dave, I know I don't really need to point you to our sponsor page, now do I?

Should be a few up there that can fill your needs!I would think your only limitations would be how far you want to travel.

don't forget about CBI, WABFAB as well as others that support our club.

86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sponsors

Of course. None that I saw (did I miss one) does cage fabbing. CBI is in Idaho and WabFab back east. Need SoCal shop where we can take the truck for fabbing. I have a call into Demello though.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Camburg would be a good one. Arie down there is top notch (Jason and Jeremy are ok, I guess! haha j/k). I don't know how busy they are with their racing efforts, but I'm sure they would be willing to help out.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Plus, it'll be good since they would be going up against Donahoe! (depending on what class you race) lol Clean competition between competitors is always good for progression. :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Youu probably got everyone I was thinking about. I know the two I referenced are long distance for you, that is why I said something about distance being your limitation.:D

My first thought was Demello actually! so I guess maybe you did not miss anyone.

Where is Blue torch located at? I am thinking they could do a good job. Never mind, they are further than anyone else.LOL

How about these guys? http://www.hendrixmotorsports.com/ they build chassis for crawlers!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
VietNguyen82 said:
http://www.bajashopmotorsports.com/

Baja Shop, I don't know of their work, but they are located in orange.
NO on baja shop...

camburg would be the highest end shop.

what about DMZ, or some of the good San Diego shops like SKG??

oh and good luck, need help at all for the race just ask:D I'll be there anyways

Mike

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
miguelitro said:
NO on baja shop...
What ever happened to Plowman's 5 car? and the 7 open truck?

Anyways, from the sponsors list I would highly recommend the Camburglars.

If you go away from the list (which some of the veteran TTORA members would probably not be fond of), I recommend Blitzkrieg or Castle Fab.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
4WD Toyota Owner Magazine said:
4WD Toyota Owner magazine is building up an FJ Cruiser to race in the Baja 500 in June. You can see it at our web page.

Our current cage builder has proven flaky as hell.

We need a recommendation on a fab shop in SoCal that can get a SCORE certifiable cage done--and get it done on time.

We would showcase the hell out of the shop/fabber in multiple issues.

Any shops/web sites/ numbers would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dave
Where are you guys located exactly? Also, you may want to rethink your rear bumper - you're not gonna want to get nerfed on your spare. And don't you think the front bumper might be a little heavy for Baja?? Just my 2 cents. Looks like a cool project, and a good versatile machine, I'm just not sure if it's Baja-worthy enough.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Half Baked Taco said:
What ever happened to Plowman's 5 car? and the 7 open truck?
I know the owners of Baja Shop had somewhat of a falling out, and Hustler Concepts was one of the results. My buddy's class 1 was a Baja Shop until the split and was finished as a Hustler. Badass, fast car, just still getting dialed in.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
jimbo74 said:
they make the APPROVED formula toy cages
yea! thats what I meant. Being "speed racer" on the key boards sometimes gets in the way!

thanks for catching that!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would always go to TTORA sponsors first, if possible!
Try these,

Wicked Motorsports in Garden Grove, ask for Mike Boone (tell him Corey Schafer sent ya)
DMZ
Link Motorsports
Camburg

the biggest issue i see is you are asking a shop to do something fast that normally you would want to take a hair more time on and make sure its right... dont use any fly by night places the end outcome will blow... also you better be prepared to kick out alot of cash, because i dont think any of these places are going to pay out of their pocket for your cage.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would always go to TTORA sponsors first, if possible!
How many TTORA sponsors are Baja experienced (especailly fab) except for Donahoe and a couple others? Try DesertTRD's suggestions. Ive heard those names alot throughout the desert community. Good luck :eek:

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
marnes2986 said:
How many TTORA sponsors are Baja experienced (especailly fab) except for Donahoe and a couple others?
It's not necessarily that because ALL of those guys CAN build stout cages. It's the fact that they have to be aware of SCORE's rules and requirements so it can get tagged. Have you seen what the Jeepspeed from Pirate can do? Baja experience?

Per 4WDTO, they have all the suspension planned. they just need a cage that will pass SCORE tech. Not much extra fabbing they way you're talking about..

BK????? :eek:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts