TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed 2" rear shackles from toytec. After dropping the jack I noticed the leafs were really flat. Now they kinda look like they have a negative arch. With a load in the bed, they definitely have a negative arch. Is there an inexpensive way to rearch my springs, or maybe pick some up from the junkyard, or another alternative? I am on a really tight tight budget right now... wedding coming up in 2 months.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you take your wheels off and stare at your springs really long and hard they will fix themselves.;)

If that doesn't work pony up and buy some new springs and get some decent shocks whiler your at it. Its worth it.

--if you can afford to get married, you can afford to mod yer truck!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went the same route as you with the 2" Toytec shackles, after about 6 months, the rear of the truck actually sat lower then stock and my leafs looked like they were upside down, now my trailer hitch tow bar rubs the concrete of my driveway everytime I pull in or out, I park in the street now:D I got a set of Dakars, should be here tomorrow, should solve all my problems. May be you could find a cheap set of AAL and put them in instead of the shackles unless your leafs are already ruined, in that case you'll need to get them re-arched first, and by then you might as well get a new leaf pack like some else already said...

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Stock Toyota springs are really really soft. I suggest some add a leaves for a temp fix anyway. That involves adding a supplemental leaf, new center pins and U bolts. It's cheap enough.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I recently installed 2" rear shackles from toytec. After dropping the jack I noticed the leafs were really flat. Now they kinda look like they have a negative arch. With a load in the bed, they definitely have a negative arch. Is there an inexpensive way to rearch my springs, or maybe pick some up from the junkyard, or another alternative? I am on a really tight tight budget right now... wedding coming up in 2 months.
I had to SAS because this is what my springs looked like...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
you still have the truck?? ...thought you sold it.

I love the shoes, LOL
People asked me to sell it to them. I've had too much fun with it, and since I don't have to pay on it, I figure there's no real reason to sell it. Here's what the other 3 tires look like... LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
People asked me to sell it to them. I've had too much fun with it, and since I don't have to pay on it, I figure there's no real reason to sell it. Here's what the other 3 tires look like... LOL

at least you can get in it more easily now ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
He probably still needs a step stool or something. LOL
I think he got one of those hydralic lifts or something...getting lazy in his old age

1 - 14 of 14 Posts