TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joey set up this run, to pretty much expolre a place he hasn't been.
He though he had an idea where the waterfall was, but we couldn't find it, so we went over towards Aztec Wash (Powerline Wash) and had lunch, and then went up the hill to Knob Hill, I took over leading the trail after we broke from lunch. Found some cool ass mines and stuff, before heading back down into Nelson.
Rich had to leave then, and one of the Heeps had to go to.
I then took Joey, his girl and her parents in their Heep and showed them a few more things they've never seen there before, like these massive caves (huge mines) and explored around there and took this one big hill climb and some other trails, before airing up and heading back.
Cool day of exploring......and no one broke anything.

I'll try and get the pics up soon.

The End.....:p

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I figured out where the waterfall is. I will try to find it next time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions
Take 95 south of Boulder City about 10 miles. Make a turn east on 165 towards Nelson. When you come up on the little trailer town of Nelson there will be a small electrical substation to your right, go past the substation a couple hundred more yards and the highway will make a sharp bend to the left. At the beginning of this bend there will be a pull off on the right side of the road, take this turn off. This is a good spot to air down. Go about 100 yards and turn right up the wash. This is the trail. You will hit the first waterfall in less then a 1/4 to 1/2 mile. This is the unavoidable one. Stay in this wash to the right at all times and it will loop back to a gravel road. When you hit the gravel road by large mine ruins turn right and you will be back in Nelson in about a 1/2 mile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evidently, it wasn't where you thought it was......and we drove right past it!!!

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We should of gone right instead of straight at the very beginning.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Probably......But....before you lead another run....you Must have some form of communication!!!!! CB is the cheapest and best option for now!! Just go see Dave at Radio World!! He is right across the street from the Rebel station!!!

Proper comms would have made a big difference yesterday, as only Rich and I could talk, and we could have called up ahead and talked to you.
Dave can hook you up with a decent CB unit for around $30-40.00, and a good antenna......

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's on my long list of things to do.

You should move it to the top of the list!! It's probably the cheapest thing on the list!!! :p Just saying!! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
my034runner
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing