TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a deal for a set for nerf bars from another ttora member for a great price but they don't have the mounting hardware with them. Can anyone tell me what I need to install these.....and if I ask really nice.....a place where I could find such parts.

Oh btw they came off a 99 tacoma. I have a 99 Prerunner. I didn't think there would be any difference in the two.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
There is no difference between the 4x4 and PreRunner frames so they should bolt right on. You are probably going to have a hard time finding the mounting hardware. You can try to find out who made the bars and try contacting the manufacture directly but thats if you can find any markings on them. I had a set that was added on a the dealer when the truck was new. When I took them off recently there were no markings of any kind to determine who made them. Another option would be to find another used set. Most members practically give these things away (I sold mine for $20).

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are definately bolt on.....but they also do not have any markings on them whatsoever. Here are pics of them.....nothing really detailed though

nerf bars

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
You should be able to get some steel and bend something to fit if you have got a vice and a hammer...or show what you have got to a metal shop, anybody should be able to knock something out for you fairly reasonably. but if you do any kind of wheeling, i would get a pair of sliders...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
working on sliders....but the wife wasn't getting in and out very easily....and 40 was the right price for me lol. Plus it gives me something to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts