TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows of any sliders out there that can be used as nerfbars. I want them to be wide enough to keep my balance on. Also for loading, unloading, and for my older relatives, who hate gettting in my truck stock, imagine when its lifted.:D We don't have too many rocks in florida, so i won't necessarily need them to be hardcore sliders, but I do like the look of them. I don't like the nerf bar look anymore. Feel free to let me know if u have any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
You are going to get flaimed for not searching on this... go look through the threads here or maybe call some of the Companies?! If you ask for it they will probably build it, if they do custom work.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My wife's old and 5'-2". She complained about it being a PITA to get in the truck when it was stock. Now it's lifted with larger tires and got BBPfab kit sliders....she hops right in it with no complaints. Then again, I showed her the grab handles.

I have no problem balancing on them to wash the windshield and roof.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My wife's old and 5'-2". She complained about it being a PITA to get in the truck when it was stock. Now it's lifted with larger tires and got BBPfab kit sliders....she hops right in it with no complaints. Then again, I showed her the grab handles.

I have no problem balancing on them to wash the windshield and roof.
Do you have any pics???

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n9, i saw ur sliders on my bugshield thread, and thats is exactly what im looking for. i went to bb's website and sent him an email. did u get it custom, or is that his universal one, also wat was the price, and how long was the wait to get them? bolt on, or weld on? but seriously, thats exactly what im looking for, so im very interested in all the details. thanks

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Talk to Neil on the Fl board. He has made bumpers and sliders for some of the local guys. He just did a set of sliders for my sisters tacoma and did a really good job. She is only like 5ft and loves them for getting in and out of the truck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They're a bolt-on, no-drill fab up for '05+ Access Cabs from a weld-on slider kit. I got them from a fellow club member when he sold his '06....the black one toward the bottom of the page....flicks are here: Built by Pottsy slider kit

Club member price for the Taco kit last year was $175. I think Aaron raised prices because of materials cost since then.

They're tough. I've slammed them pretty hard with nothing but scratches to the slider finish.

Aaron usually does batch runs....you'll have to contact him for further info.

·
Registered
407 Posts
pics of the truck or the wife??????????
Can't access wife's photos from work, but here's a family shot. I'm 4th from the left standing and Norma's on my left (5th).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts