TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my buddies build. This trucks been to 3 other fab shops before ending up at Baja Shop and finally getting worked on. Viva Baja Shop!
You'd think if you pay a fabricator and they say they will work on it that means it won't sit untouched for years in their shop and end up out in the yard to rust while your parts slowly start disappearing, WTF! I just bought a donut from a *cough* "Baker" *cough* :D
Its got a full floater rear, almost center pivot a-arms, no original frame rails left, and a chevy 6.0 V8 :eek:
Anyway progress so far.... sorry crappy pics, will update soon

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a friends, using this thread as bait to try and to get him to sign on to ttora. Its gonna be a nice build when done........................................................................

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Well get him to sign up! haha thats a nice truck! :D

I wanna see more progress pics....

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
"you pay a fabricator and they say they will work on it that means it won't sit untouched for years in their shop and end up out in the yard to rust while your parts slowly start disappearing"..unfortunately, that's how my build seems to be going...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lost the old pics but here are some recent one's the truck owner sent me, I hope this thing get's done soon, want to go for a ride in it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truck started as a single cab shortbed with a 22re with a TC uniball kit and 62's in the back with a simple mild steel cage. It was rolled and came back to the original builder Sargent Fabrication (where I was working at the time) for repairs where it sat for a year or so after a tiny bit of repair.

Then got trailered to Prep By Jake where it became an extended cab with a 6.0, lost the back half of the frame, and was linked with a full floater 9" and basic cage structure, then it collected dust for six months or so... (in hindsight a lot of work was actually done on it)

Next it was moved to Baker Motorsports where it was supposed to be worked on, it sat there for a co$tly year or so... ended up rusting in the back parking lot.

Next stop Baja Shop. AJ took this one on and it is getting worked on again and is somewhat close to completion. Now a well built full tube chassis...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trailing arms by Prep By Jake, don't know if they are around anymore, I know at least "Jake" is not there anymore, last I heard he sold the business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts