312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before

3" downey coilovers in front and downey spring pack in rear
3" body lift NEVER AGAIN
4.88s and ARBs front and rear
33" MTRs
Loved truck then but it just wasn't enough

Now after alittle time and alot of help from my brother (DSTRBD1). The cutting has started

First removed body lift and bed

Dove tailed flat bed no more bed panels to worry about.

Rear Dana 60 cut down to 63" wheel mount to wheel mount chevy brakes 35 spline 5.38 ARB thanks to my brother who put me onto this set up and helped set up the gears. moved rear axle back 7.5"

Relocated diff breather.

Start of front bumper with T-Max 9000 winch

Inchworm crawl box and twin stick clocked to 30 degrees

Weld-on beadlocks on soft 8 17x9 wheels lots of grinding and welding.

Still to go
prorock 60 with 5.38s ARB in front
5150 bilsteins 14" shocks for rear
5150 bilsteins 12" shocks for front
Transfercase mounts
Brake lines
Steering
Sliders
Roll Cage
39.5 Iroks Bias
And the list goes on.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Very nice. Your gonna love those Iroks. I put a set on mine and they are wayyyy better than the Mtrs I had on before. Love your choice of axles too. I love my 5.38's with 35 spline shafts. No breakage yet at all with these axles.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am alittle worried about going with 39.5 Iroks with a 4 cyl I don't know if I can put enough rice into 4 cylinders to push 39s

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont use the cheap black RTV
after all the work of putting my transfer cases in come to find out were I sealed them with the black RTV they leaked the oil softened the RTV and came on out. So now I pulled them back out (what a pain) This time around I took some pictures of setting up the inchworm crawlbox to 30 degrees.
in the plate mounting to your stock transfer case there is 5 plugs and 20 holes

The 5 plugs go here

The front mounting plate I kept at 0 degrees and clocked the rear 30 there are 2 plugs in the front mount plate that need moved or you won't be able to put the 2 lower mounting bolts in. make shure plugs are here.

Now with my transfer case clocked the fill plug is to low. here is what I did to solve that problem.
The little bolt boss above the old fill plug

Drilled it out and tapped it to 1/4 pipe put grease on drill bit and tap to keep shavings out of transfer case

I Found out the hard way that didn't leave enough meat for the pipe plug to be tighened. It cracked out the boss.

Took boss down to wear it was flat with the case and drilled it out and tapped it to 3/8 pipe. still had about 1/4 inch of threads in case.

Fill hole is alittle higher than what the oil level is. I just put 1.1 quarts in.

Now back to putting them back in to the truck

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Looking real good
So are you and your bro going to have matching trucks.:D
At least yours doesn't have gay mud flaps:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got word today From parts Mike that our front axles should be shipping tuesday or wednesday Can't wait to see them

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Don't knock a good design.

Justin you will be glad to hear that the mudflaps are no more. No longer a daily driver.

-Trent

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well got alittle progress Finaly got T-cases back into truck. Still waiting on front axle from Parts Mike mabye one of these days I will get to see it.

Now thought for the brain I need to figure out a way for a park brake. not enough room for a pinoin brake off the T case and I am running chevy brakes in the rear
ANY IDEAS ?????

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heard from parts Mike axle is shipping tomorrow
pic of axle before outers were installed

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The level tube came in the inchworm box I was told that is how they are going to start doing that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll make shure he keeps his mud flaps at his house

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Very nice! Just don't let that bro of yours queer your rig up with those goofy mud flaps ;) !
Mud flaps are not as bad as white letters out. "Sellout":D

-Trent

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
For a free set of (5) 37's your punk ass would have the white letters out too ;) .....I turned the red letters out on my new Warn 9.5XP also :D !

Yeah you are probably right.:rolleyes: I would love to go on the UA trip. Then again I would just love it if we could get these 2 tacos completed and go beat on them.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts