TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hey. I recently bought me a 07 tacoma trd off road prerunner in April. Ive only owned it for about a month and so far its been a great truck. Im itching to get it dirty but am not sure of any decent places to take a stock tacoma in the austin area. If anyone around here knows that would be cool if they could show me some time.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Glad to have another Texan here. -- AGAIN :)
I'm in SA, but we have a bunch of guys in the Austin area.

Check out our other threads about out monthly meets and then events around the state. Welcome and post a pic of your truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Heres a couple pics of my truck. I really need to take off the mud flaps.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just sent you a pm about the WAT

·
9,051 Posts
That's a great looking ride there mb07taco!
Hope you make it to the WAT!

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
seeing that your last truck was a reg.cab Dakota, how would you compare between the two and what decided you to get a Tacoma?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the 2 trucks are totally different. The dodge dakota rt has the 5.9 v-8 and I had made so many mods the thing just became a huge problem. It was so much fun to take on the twisties and see how well it would handle with the hotckis suspension. I did all the drag racing, s/c, nitrous and I enjoyed it. I had the chance to get something new and so when I was looking I decided that the tacoma was something I was interested in. I have always liked them and its been one of the trucks on my list of vech. to own so why not get one. I decided on a access cab cause I did run into problems carring my mountain bike and other stuff, cause a reg cab only has so much room. When I was looking all knew I wanted the v-6 6spd with the trd off road package. I looked around Austin and called the 3 dealers here in town and the only one I could find avail. was the one I got. The others that were available were either sold already or the dealer didnt have any. I was kinda limited but I got something I like and from what Ive read even the 2wd drive prerunners are impressive off road trucks for what they are.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
cool thoughts. my first truck was a Ford Ranger which was reliable but still a POS truck. Welcome to the club and i'm sure the central members can help you get your new truck dirty. I'm hoping for a trip to BVORR @ A&M soon which close for central and houston members.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
cool sounds good. ive been itching to get it dirty. ive already been looking for a lift and some wheels and tires. just not sure what im gonna do. i can never leave something stock for very long. hehe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe... thanks. ive thought about it and right now it looks easier to just buy a 4x4 here in the near future for a trail rig. sense this one right now is my daily driver.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Welcome! :clap: I'm Travis, and I'm in Austin. What part of town are you in? We can wheel out in Bastrop, just east of Austin, off 71........

This is out in Bastrop.
And Tom, I'd love to head back out to Brazos Valley..... that's a lot of fun.

This is Steve, getting a little tipsy out at BVORA.
Try and make the WAT down in San Antonio if you get a chance.

Glad to have another Austinite!

This is me.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
man travis your rig look a hell of alot better with the BFG's and black rims then the old ones.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice pics. looks like a lot of fun. I cant say for sure if ill make it out to the WAT yet sense i already have plans for a dallas trip. if those plans fall through ill definitly be heading there.

oh yeah almost forgot... im in north austin around parmer and 620.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

man thats sad. last time out i was flexing on that same rock and your ifs rig flexes as good as my 83. i can't wait till i get rid of those pos buggy springs it has and 4-link it.

·
9,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hey travis, call me stupid, but I just noticed that your raido antenna has a bend in it. When did that happen?
I had a bend in mine is the same exact place. I don't remember how it happened though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts