TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... before I do this, let me say I'm part of 4 other forums and own a 94 SR5, 96 FJ80 and now my "new" 2002 Taco Double Cab Pre. I spent about an hour running through the search and found hundreds of great threads, but none coming down to the point that I was looking for.

I hear there are lots of issues with lifts on these trucks... (Taco Pre) I'm looking for a clean 2.5 - 3 inch lift that will not mess my rods up. I see that there are opinions on FabTech, Downey, Donohe, and Revtec. Most seem to have opposite opinions on them. So... I run an OME kit on my FJ without any issues. Is there something similar for the Taco? I hope so, casue I'm tired of the mall driver look!

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
andale said:
Alright... before I do this, let me say I'm part of 4 other forums and own a 94 SR5, 96 FJ80 and now my "new" 2002 Taco Double Cab Pre. I spent about an hour running through the search and found hundreds of great threads, but none coming down to the point that I was looking for.

I hear there are lots of issues with lifts on these trucks... (Taco Pre) I'm looking for a clean 2.5 - 3 inch lift that will not mess my rods up. I see that there are opinions on FabTech, Downey, Donohe, and Revtec. Most seem to have opposite opinions on them. So... I run an OME kit on my FJ without any issues. Is there something similar for the Taco? I hope so, casue I'm tired of the mall driver look!

Thanks in advance guys

There are plenty of posts that answer your question. Also try the FAQ section.

Also try this:

Try this:

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah ome has a lift for that! If you're want to jump the rig and blast through the desert then I'd go with long travel fro total chaos or camburg.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://www.toyteclifts.com/ome.html

Pretty nice for under 400.00. I'd love to run it prerunner, but man that's some heavy investment.

Thunderwolfe said:
Yeah ome has a lift for that! If you're want to jump the rig and blast through the desert then I'd go with long travel fro total chaos or camburg.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! You'd have to break the steering wheel free from my dead body. ; ) I love the FJ.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I really liked the Tundra coil + OME n91s shock combo when I had it on my truck. It was only a little over 2" lift with a 3/8 spacer though. $400 lift if you know the right people for getting the coils.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leaning towards a coilover system now... $$$ but I like the idea of adjustability. If anyone wants to sell a 2.0 or 2.5 coilover system (DR, FAB, SAW) that fits my rig (2002 prerunner) throw me a line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts