TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an awesome full suspension bike for sale. Let me go ahead and give the scoupe on this bike. This is actually a cross between a Kikapu its more expensive brother the Kikapu Deluxe. I bought myself a Kikapu not too long ago and loved it. I honestly could not justify spending any money on it to upgrade certain parts, but I can't leave anything alone. Since I work at a bike shop that carries Kona bikes, I went ahead and ordered a Kikapu Deluxe which has the exact same frame and drivetrain (except the crankset) as the Kikapu, but better suspension and brakes.

I thought I might keep the Deluxe and sell my Kikapu, but I really love the color scheme better. So, I decided to swap out the fork, shock, and brakes. I also switched out the wheels since I did not feel like removing the brake rotors from the hubs. So, what you have is a bike nearly identical to the $999 Kikapu only with a different paint job and a few parts which are upgrades over the stock Kikapu. The fork, shock, brakes, and wheels have only 12 miles on them, thats how little Ive gotten to ride that bike. They look and perform as brand new. The rest of the bike is completely unridden (which may change if I have some local test rides down the street).

Specs:
*Shimano Deore drivetrain w/ Deore LX rear derailleur and M445 Hollowtech crankset
*Shimano M475 mechanical disc brakes
*Sun Mach IV doublewall eyeletted rims on Shimano M475 hubs
*Marzocchi MZ Comp 100mm fork
*Fox Vanilla Coilover rear shock
*Truvativ XR h-bar and stem
*Shimano M505 clipless pedals
*SDG Landing Strip Saddle

Now, I am hoping to get $750 for this thing. Kona dealers around the country are very protective of the prices they sell bikes for. You are going to be hard pressed to find one willing to sell even a new 2004 closeout for that little. That is not to mention this bike has upgrades over a stock Kikapu: Shimano Hollowtech Octalink crank, Shimano 505 clipless pedals, Truvativ XR riser handlebar, and SDG saddle. If Kona built a bike to this exact spec, it would retail for $1100-1200. Included in this price is shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. I am located in central Texas for anybody interested in local pickup (I will reduce the price if you are picking it up). Check my e-bay feedback for username "finkleaaron" so you can buy with confidence. E-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
you should of thrown the XTR derailleurs on there instead........ i miss mountain biking

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XTR is too rich for my blood. I just dont see the advantage to it other than weight savings. My LX and Deore stuff shifts just as good. Im probably going to replace it with SRAM X9 trigger shifters and derailleurs once the Shimano stuff wears out.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
lol its always cheaper when you get a sponsor! lol it always seemed that i was fighting the deore stuff when i had it on my hardtail...... then again my 7th sprocket only had 10 teeth on it(benefits of knowing people to make stuff) the xtr just seemed to have the extra reach to make the jumps on the cogsets. i hear ya on the trigger shifters though.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
pretacotrd said:
Bump, I just lowered the price to $699 shipped!
Nice price! Too big for me though

·
Registered
179 Posts
pretacotrd said:
Bump, I just lowered the price to $699 shipped!
where do you live??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts