TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not sure if i posted this here before or on HS2000Talk.com but the new Mustang looks awesome ! I hate the reliabilty that Ford has , but as far as the looks go, The new one looks great! I am a big fan of the 1984-1986 Ford S.V.O . which is my baby and has great reliabilty and the first American car to be Intercooled, help i am losing control, , ,,anyways ,but this new Mustang is great looking.What do you guys think?

·
Registered
146 Posts
tercel89 said:
I am not sure if i posted this here before or on HS2000Talk.com but the new Mustang looks awesome ! I hate the reliabilty that Ford has , but as far as the looks go, The new one looks great! I am a big fan of the 1984-1986 Ford S.V.O . which is my baby and has great reliabilty and the first American car to be Intercooled, help i am losing control, , ,,anyways ,but this new Mustang is great looking.What do you guys think?
I went to test drive on last weekend. They didnt have any GT's on the lot and they said that every one they had coming was pre-sold. I did end up driving a V6/auto "fony pony". I cant wait to drive a GT/5-spd. The convertible and SVT Cobra are due out next year (in that order).
They look so bada$$....The first mustang to make me step back and take a second look since the Fox-body was axed.

·
Registered
662 Posts
tercel89 said:
I have seen two of them out on the road in the last week. As much as I dislike F*rds, I must admit they look awesome.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
tercel89 said:
I am looking forward to seeing some modded '05s from tuners like Roush Racing and others.

What I would really like to see is another Bullit Mustang. The last tribute was a very badass looking car, but the new style would make for a real headturner.

Anyone seen the latest commercial with Steve McQueen's likeness roasting the meats on the new 'Stang and hauling ass along a corn field?
Sweet commercial.

·
Registered
146 Posts
AK98Taco said:
I am looking forward to seeing some modded '05s from tuners like Roush Racing and others.

What I would really like to see is another Bullit Mustang. The last tribute was a very badass looking car, but the new style would make for a real headturner.
Yeah, I think it was last month's Car & Driver (the one titled 10,000 HP shootout) that had a computer generated Roush mockup. It looked good, nice body kit, functional scoop, wheels. I'll have to look but I think the Stage 1 will be out in 6 mo. and the Stage 2 and 3 are spaced out about 6 months from there. The Stage 3 is supposed to be S/C'd and have 400+ hp. :xdevil:

Haven't heard of any plans for a new Bullitt yet, but I'd love to see it. This bodystyle is a much better starting point for a tribute like that.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
D6Adam said:
Yeah, I think it was last month's Car & Driver (the one titled 10,000 HP shootout) that had a computer generated Roush mockup. It looked good, nice body kit, functional scoop, wheels. I'll have to look but I think the Stage 1 will be out in 6 mo. and the Stage 2 and 3 are spaced out about 6 months from there. The Stage 3 is supposed to be S/C'd and have 400+ hp. :xdevil:

Haven't heard of any plans for a new Bullitt yet, but I'd love to see it. This bodystyle is a much better starting point for a tribute like that.
Ford has done a very good job in bringing back classic cars with modern power, appointments, and style. The GT, Thunderbird, and '05 Mustang were very well conceived.

A new Bullit would be very sweet; I hope it happens.

I found some pics of the '05 Roush Mustangs on the Roush site:
http://www.roushperf.com/articles/2005_Mustang/index.htm#

I would love one set up like the red Stang but covered in the metallic Hugger Orange they have going on one car.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
AK98Taco said:
Ford has done a very good job in bringing back classic cars with modern power, appointments, and style. The GT, Thunderbird, and '05 Mustang were very well conceived.

A new Bullit would be very sweet; I hope it happens.

I found some pics of the '05 Roush Mustangs on the Roush site:
http://www.roushperf.com/articles/2005_Mustang/index.htm#

I would love one set up like the red Stang but covered in the metallic Hugger Orange they have going on one car.
A new Mach 1 or BOSS with a Shaker hood would be wicked in that car. I saw a new GT a few weeks ago and it was sweet! I really didnt care for the factory wheels which is a shame because late model Mustangs have had killer wheels for the last several years.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shakerhood said:
I saw a new GT a few weeks ago and it was sweet! I really didnt care for the factory wheels which is a shame because late model Mustangs have had killer wheels for the last several years.
I really like the new wheels. They look like the old wheels from the Shelby Cobra's. I didn't like the plastic spinner piece in the center though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's got to just be a matter of time, the building I work at doesn't deal with the mustangs but I was talking to someone who did a prebuild on a few of them a couple of years ago and he said that the bodys seem to be rather weak. I figure that they changed this before production, I remember seeing what looked like a lincoln towncar with the mustang front end on it in one of the buildings and I thought it looked cool.

what do you think of the Roush Focus?

·
Registered
174 Posts
tercel89 said:

I feel ya man, they look gorgeous! I was at a local car show where every Saturday people show off their stuff, primarily old muscle cars. Well there was a '67 Stang parked right next to a new 05 GT. Color was near identical. I took a step back, looked at em both from the front and was like "damn....Ford hit the nail on the head with this one." The interior on the new 05 was gorgeous too; very much a modern interpretation of the old mid to late 60's models. I want to take one for a spin but my local dealer can't keep the GT's on the lot long enough.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
D6Adam said:
I really like the new wheels. They look like the old wheels from the Shelby Cobra's. I didn't like the plastic spinner piece in the center though.
Those Shelby look wheels you seen are only available on the run of the mill V6 models and not the GT, it was the GT wheels that I was disappointed in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
D6Adam said:

S/C and 400 hp? Thats it? Sounds like a step backwards. Kenne-bell was able to get a 2003 cobra to put out 600+ RWHP with just swapping the blower for their intercooled twin screw, pulley, intake and chip it.

They had some GTs on the lot here in Germany, I've seen a few on the road. Just local army guys mostly. Did you know you can customize the colors in the dash guages? crazy, something like 160 combos

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Mototacoma said:
S/C and 400 hp? Thats it? Sounds like a step backwards. Kenne-bell was able to get a 2003 cobra to put out 600+ RWHP with just swapping the blower for their intercooled twin screw, pulley, intake and chip it.

They had some GTs on the lot here in Germany, I've seen a few on the road. Just local army guys mostly. Did you know you can customize the colors in the dash guages? crazy, something like 160 combos
I am sure when they go to come out with a new Cobra it will lay down some serious HP. The last ones were around 400HP, so I would expect the next ones to be closer to 500.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I love the new mustangs as well as all of you but I hate that they will be everywhere in a couple months just like the last generation is.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
KStacoma said:
I love the new mustangs as well as all of you but I hate that they will be everywhere in a couple months just like the last generation is.
The positive side to that is that it means there still is a demand for a REAR wheel drive V8 Car that you can get a Manual Tranny in! Not the Ricer WRONG wheel drive stuff with ironing board wings, coffee can mufflers, and stickers galore!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really dug the gauges on the inside. I liked the old school look they have. None of the BS crap you dont need either.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shakerhood said:
I am sure when they go to come out with a new Cobra it will lay down some serious HP. The last ones were around 400HP, so I would expect the next ones to be closer to 500.
Yeah, what he said. You cant compare the new GT to the SVT's, or even the old SVO's. Its not fair to either car. $/hp you still cant top the GT this year.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think it's funny that several people have said that they don't like Ford much (I don't really either), because when I was looking through the FSM in the cruise control section, there were two options: Denso made, and Ford made. It's on page DI-610 on the 2000 model FSM. So maybe you already are driving a little bit of Ford around?:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
16 Participants
Shakerhood
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing