TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I am not advertising just a stoked customer.

AM suspensions of Corona CA is currently building a new 5 lug kit for my 1998 Tacoma. It should pull close to 17' inc travel and will have fully boxed upper and lower arms with a full fabricated lift spindle. They are using a 10' inc Sway Away coil over and 2.0 bump for the kit. Should be done in about 3 weeks I will post pics as soon as I can!

For more info and photos of there product check out:

www.amsuspensions.com

or call and stop by!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will as soon as they get closer. I am also shooting video of the whole build for DezerTV

Yes there fab work is top notch.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Defintely some nice work

hmmm maybe they might make a 05+ 6lug kit? I wonder what it'll look like? haha :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
their fab work looks good, but the site leaves a lot to be desired, like the rest of the site.....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Vendetta motorsports is suppose to have a kit for the 5 lug out in April as well. Its ESB Mike and some friends coming back into the scene. I got an email response from them saying it'll pull about 17 as well and be able to run a bypass, it also comes in three stages from entry level to race kit.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Badseed said:
No I am not advertising just a stoked customer.

AM suspensions of Corona CA is currently building a new 5 lug kit for my 1998 Tacoma. It should pull close to 17' inc travel and will have fully boxed upper and lower arms with a full fabricated lift spindle. They are using a 10' inc Sway Away coil over and 2.0 bump for the kit. Should be done in about 3 weeks I will post pics as soon as I can!

For more info and photos of there product check out:

www.amsuspensions.com

or call and stop by!

How much does this kit run?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is it odd to come out with a 5-lug kit before a 6-lug? I would think there is greater demand for 6-lug kits. :confused: I'm mystified

·
Registered
700 Posts
AllJumpStyle said:
Total Chaos already made that kit, it might look funny if Allied made it too...
Yeah but the tc one is 11.5 in. of travel, He's saying this could pull close to 17 and it also runs a 10" shock and the TC kit runs an 8" shock. will it be better? we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
so this is the same co. as allied???

and yeah vendetta will be sweet if they pull it off, mike's fab is top notch.
Mike

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
VietNguyen82 said:
Yeah but the tc one is 11.5 in. of travel, He's saying this could pull close to 17 and it also runs a 10" shock and the TC kit runs an 8" shock. will it be better? we'll have to wait and see.
well shit...if they have time to R&D a 5 lug to pull 17", why dont they do that with a 6 lug...ill buy the first kit! :p

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If you want that much travel just get a custom setup. For them to make a bolt on kit they have to work around design constraints such as stock mounting locations and stock steering geometry, both of which are far from perfect for a long travel setup trying to achieve that much travel.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
AllJumpStyle said:
If you want that much travel just get a custom setup. For them to make a bolt on kit they have to work around design constraints such as stock mounting locations and stock steering geometry, both of which are far from perfect for a long travel setup trying to achieve that much travel.
Custom=Pricey haha I get the picture though

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'd love to see a long travel kit for the new 5 lug tacos. Bet TC's allready working on this since they allready have the upper arm. It would probably need a modified lift spindle for 33's+, or maybe Allieds working on a lift spindle for these allready. Hmmmm...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts