TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was able to design a Tacoma front bumper off of the winch mount i use for my mini truck bumpers.

These will ONLY be designed and built in-house unless you want to modify your frame yourself to work.

In house price installed is $650 and I need the truck for two days. Out of house price for the bumper itself is $425, but you will need to build your new crossmember yourself. Its a slightly wider version of my mini bumper, but the customer wanted to add headlight protection.

The production version will look like this:

If you have questions, call me at 970-420-4198

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Now we just need to get one for the 05+ trucks.:D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
That looks like a 95.5-97 body style Taco. Heard a nasty rumor that those frames were narrower than the 98-2004 frames. Just what I heard.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like a 95.5-97 body style Taco. Heard a nasty rumor that those frames were narrower than the 98-2004 frames. Just what I heard.
Its a 95.5. But, it won't matter since the mounting setup needs to be fabbed anyway. This adds a LOT of strength to the front section. The crossmember I weld in is 2x3 .250 wall.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Its a 95.5. But, it won't matter since the mounting setup needs to be fabbed anyway. This adds a LOT of strength to the front section. The crossmember I weld in is 2x3 .250 wall.
Cool, just wondered. You do awsome work anyway. I'd like to talk to you about a custom rear, but money is questionable at the moment.

·
20,355 Posts
pretty sure the frames are the same width. 98-00 have 3 inches of extra metal in the front though.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Same thing i did with mine. It made a noticeable difference driving.

What have you worked for the factory skid/aftermarket skids to be installed. Presuming you cut out the factory mounting for them?

And as ike stated, 98-00 frames have the forward most 3" crush section built into the frame, oppose to the bumper support like 95.5-97 & 01-04's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts