TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And what does all this have to do with the Tech folder?????

Well just this! my wife and kids have always been part of the TTORA family just by being associated with me.

But soon my Son will be a full fledged member (I just won't let him on the boards just yet since his is only 13)

Yesterday, a sweet little '71 FJ40 was delivered to our driveway! It needs work as it was bought as a project rig, but I told Cub #2 that currently it is "our" FJ, but once he demonstrates some muturity, responsbility, desire, and effort, it will be his!

I put this in the tech folder, because I plan to document the build up here, as well as many upon many questions of our resident FJ owners, Ron and phishtaco and anyone else that can lend a knowledgable hand.

Before anyone jumps in and says …:worthless I must say everyone needs to be patient. There were photos taken, I just need to get a new USB cord for Cub#3 who took them. She lost her cable so we need a new one. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow we will have it and I will post the photos of the shape the little Fj is in currently.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry, but I have to say it anyway!

:worthless

You better hurry up on that deck your building. It's gonna be a little embarrasing when you try to show off your new toy while BBQ'ing and we have nowhere to sit! :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't heard from you in weeks, and the first thing you have to do is give me a hard time:mad: Bastard!:D

and on top of that, you are trying to add to my project count that is already out of control!:aahg:

I am hoping to resume on the deck late sept. maybe October! I have a Beamer to get on the road again so I can move the little red wagon into a nice warm garage for the winter!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Then I think you need to quit talking and get to work... :D

Nah, I'm just gonna come by some time and take the new toy for a ride...

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha ha~!then the joke would be on you! the only way the "new toy" is leaving the driveway is by whomever taking it, would be Fred Flintstoning it!

No motor, no steering, basically it is just a shell, hopefully tomorrow night I will post some photos!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like you don't know what it looks like?:D

as soon as I get the right USB cable for Cub#3's camera the photos will be up. She lost it and I can't seem to get the correct one!

Tell you what though, John, things are lining up nicely for me with the little FJ. I already have most of the parts it was lacking lined up and the game plan is forumlating quickly. If I can get the Beamer finished quick enough, I can see the FJ being road worthy by Feburary maybe.

Hey, I never did ask you about those jump seats. I am assuming they are in the same shape the "ride" is in. meaning good shape. Am I correct? A friend offered me up some, but I didn't think I needed to take him up on the offer.

Any plans for this weekend? I am taking Cub #2 and #3 to the rock races @ badlands. (see thread in events section)

Be talking to you soon. Oh! thanks again John. For everything!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! did I ever drop the ball on this one! I forgot to come back and add the photos of the FJ. so here they are.

The photos were taken by my youngest daughter (8 years old) I don't think she did too bad of a job do you?

Not much activity has taken place around this project. Been busy collecting the funds etc. to actually do any work on her yet.

But we did score a new hood for it (which only cost the price of gas to Cleveland) the only other items purchased so far have been the complete latch assembly for the windshield and new hood latches.

But you can now honestly say it has a Ford 302/5.0 in it! Dave needed my engine block removed from his garage, so I picked it up and placed it in the rear of the FJ for storage:D But it is a 302 and it is sitting in the FJ…just the wrong end of the vehicle. This is only until I am able to move some vehicles and stuff out of the garage, then I am hoping to put the whole vehicle inside before the winter (fingers are crossed as well as all my neighbors fingers also)

I am getting tired of all the neighborhood asking me "so whats under the silver tarp?" I have told a few people that it is a nuclear device I am working on to solve the worlds energy problem with!:rolleyes: It's a project vehicle dumbass's what do you think it is?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updates?

I have a lot of dents in my 60 from flogging it along Cicero Creek up here.

Too wide for these atv trails but slic enuf to avoid the DNR along the White RIver.

pics Berry pics

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no updates, been too poor to do anything lately. and I still have other projects clandestined to be started before I can start work on the little 40.

the taco is down currently being counted out. I am hoping to have it back up before the count of 8. It is sad that there are four vehicles at my address and only one running currently!.

cicero Creek up by your house?

(I am working on the other situation as well. sorry!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts