TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would take a minute to introduce myself...again. Some of you might remember me from a couple of years ago. Back then I had a white 2002 Tacoma TRD. After being without it for over a year, I am back in a Tacoma. This time it is a 2006 Access Cab TRD Off Road. It is still mainly a pavement pounder, but I do use it more off road than my last one.

This time around, I actually needed something with some ground clearance and 4WD. You see, I have picked up photography recently and find myself in situations where I need to go where the pavement doesn't. It is also nice to have the flexibility of a bed which makes for a great photo platform.

I don't plan on doing major modifictions to the truck, although I have already bolted on a Borla cat-back exhaust and Westin CPS step bars (I know, poser, but I don't need sliders, and the step bars work just fine for what I need).

This picture is from Globe Rd near Blowing Rock, NC where I went with only 500 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
TacoPoPo said:
This time around, I actually needed something with some ground clearance and 4WD. You see, I have picked up photography recently and find myself in situations where I need to go where the pavement doesn't. It is also nice to have the flexibility of a bed which makes for a great photo platform.

I don't plan on doing major modifictions to the truck, although I have already bolted on a Borla cat-back exhaust and Westin CPS step bars (I know, poser, but I don't need sliders, and the step bars work just fine for what I need).

This picture is from Globe Rd near Blowing Rock, NC where I went with only 500 miles on the clock.
Well I know the exact story you told yourself in regards to why you needed a Tacoma. I am a pro photographer and told myself I needed something as well that would get me to the back country and off pavement. Now 7 years later. I have the same truck, just never use it as I intended, and it is heavily modified!

Welcome back none the less! Good luck with all your plans. maybe you will be able to follow through better than I did.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! :)
Nice truck you have there!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys, and the compliments on the truck. Bear, I hear what you are saying about the desire to build the truck up. I have the ultimate way to control that urge...its called limited funds. Won't be dumping lots of money into this one, although I will turn the occasional wrench to make it better for what I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts