TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy neighbors! Been wheelin in CO for 15+ years. Started in Boulder/Left Hand Canyon, been all around the front range, but have been in the Aspen/Basalt/GWS area for the last 9 years and played all over the central rockies.

Started way back with an 87 4Runner and evolved through a 93 4Runner, 96 4Runner and 03 4Runner. Got an FJC in June, have been building on it and played a bit in the fall and lookin forward to MUCH more in spring. Hope to hear about some plans already in the works?? Seen a boatload of FJC's in the RF valley and hoep to see them on the trail soon!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome. IM lookign for an 85 toyota or earlier. If you have seen any let me know. Im in the Arvada area outside of Denver.

Mark

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for the reference in Aspen and Mark, I saw your thread about the '85 and I'll keep my eyes open. If you haven't already, check Independent Motors in Boulder... They've usually got some good deals on their bulletin board and have been servicing Toys for 20+ years.

·
Registered
183 Posts
All right I will check there. Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
739 Posts
you dont want to go on the trails i've been going on with that fancy new cruiser,haha, welcome, get in touch sometime, you will see my taco around the valley, big, bluish taco with lots of tubes and 36 iroks, shouldnt be able to miss it
now this guys already got his avatar and i cant get one to work, anyone wanna help my hillbilly ass? because you know i need to have a cool pic to impress all you guys and gals,yea right

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Guap I'll help your hillbilly arse.... email me the pic so i can size it right for you. Then I'll tell ya how to load it!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too late! The new FJ's already been over Taylor Pass a couple of times, Italian Creek 1A, Cement Creek, Montezuma, Red Rock Rim several times and Lincoln Creek. Happy (?) to say there's undercarriage shavings left on some of the rocks along the way :D

I'll keep an eye out for you and if you do decide to hit the trails I outfitted with chains all around after getting bogged down at the top of Cement Creek after the first snow.

·
Registered
739 Posts
dont need no stinking chains,i've got iroks and they go like mad in the snow at 9psi, i've been up little annie, and out richmond ridge twice now with no problems,i actually go better than my buddy with chains but he weights 6500lbs
hahaha, those trails dont have much potential for carnage or body damage unless you just drive right into something on purpose,you might scratch your skid plate though, but thats great your getting out and wheeling that thing, were your other rigs slightly built like your fj, or more extreme? get ahold of me and lets go do something, most of the trails are snowed in, and even gj has snow right now,i was just out by billings last weekend, should be drying out soon though, the days are getting longer, you'd like bangs canyon area in gj, it would suit your rig well, where as 21, and billings could destroy that thing, where in basalt do you live? i lived there for about 4 years and still have lots of friends who live there, and i'll look for your rig when i'm down that way
i'm talking trails like billings canyon, 21 rd, pritchett,behind the rocks etc... been stepping it up quite a bit lately and the body damage is getting worse,
time to bob and cage it in, yea ha, i tend to be on the harder core side of wheeling, but love getting out anywhere to play

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe, Already got the scratches taken care of! Previous rigs were pretty light, but outside of hard core rock crawling, haven't been many places I wasn't happy to be scramblin'. I live a ways up Fryingpan Rd and out of sight, but you might catch me out and about on the weekends. I gotta keep the rig highway ready for frequent trips to DIA, so got studded snows on right now, but come spring (and a fat paycheck of some kind...) I'm looking for some new treads. January's lookin' booked, but Feb 3-4 might be god if you're in the mood. I'll check out the routes you quoted.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Eric,

I got your email. Nice work tracking me down. I think I may have mentioned (when we met at Alpine) that I hooked up with some TTORA folks last month for a run to Moab. RedRunnertc and Lysmachia were there and have already posted in this thread. I had a great time. They're great folks and great wheelers. You can get me at Myers Steel in Basalt during the day if you want to hook up for lunch sometime. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to hear from ya Hawk! I'm sure Guapo will come around. I'll keep that lunch in mind. I'm in Aspen most weekdays, but work sometimes sends me to Basalt.

·
Registered
739 Posts
hahahahahahahaha, thats funny,now thats the kind of responses we need here, we have got to get this club back up and running, people having fun, flaming each other and knowing it's all in good fun, i had to fix some stuff that weekend, did billings and 21 rd the week before, and had to fix my bent tie rod, sorta glad i wasn't there though after the fact,super unfortunate, but...
i'll be out with you guys some this year for sure, and if you work at myers steel(hawk), i need to get to know you, not that way, you know what i mean, haha
might even be looking for a job with them someday
feb 3 will not work for me, i am going to breckenridge to see spearhead and blackalicious,weekend after that going to vail for a show,we should wait til march to get out, it's still really snowy everywhere, and looks like after today will be awhile longer before it dries out even in Gj etc...I also want to get up to rangley, they have a new designated rock crawling area with quite alot of trails, maybe now that there's a few more members over this way, we can do some western slope specific runs, battlement mesa is one i still need to check out, oh and coal canyon, and on, and on...i've been trying to get the front range peeps over here for years, and not one of them has made it(mols drove thru here at like 120 mph in that bmw and didnt stop to say hi),not that i made it over with them either, but i've had some serious problems to line out with my rig, and it's now worthy of going that far, and i'll be over that way this year as well,hopefully with a new tow rig, sometime soon i'm cutting my bed off and bobbing the rear end of the taco, and i need to get that done asap so i can get my exo cage built before spring, so some of my weekends will be taken up doing that so stay in touch, and if nothing else get together and have a beer and swap stories, and make some future plans

·
Registered
291 Posts
Guapotaco said:
sorta glad i wasn't there though after the fact,super unfortunate, but...
I dig. Of course, that might be about enough of that talk to get this thread shut down:rolleyes:
Guapotaco said:
i'll be out with you guys some this year for sure, and if you work at myers steel(hawk), i need to get to know you, not that way, you know what i mean, haha might even be looking for a job with them someday
I'll PM my contact shit.
Guapotaco said:
feb 3 will not work for me, i am going to breckenridge to see spearhead and blackalicious,weekend after that going to vail for a show,we should wait til march to get out, it's still really snowy everywhere, and looks like after today will be awhile longer before it dries out even in Gj etc...I also want to get up to rangley, they have a new designated rock crawling area with quite alot of trails, maybe now that there's a few more members over this way, we can do some western slope specific runs, battlement mesa is one i still need to check out, oh and coal canyon, and on, and on...i've been trying to get the front range peeps over here for years
Are you talking about Steamboat? Yea, the weather over the Pacific right now is saying more snow for a while. Then I figure we'll get a brake for a few weeks. I'll bet we could get Troy and Molly to run some stuff with us. You know, the President has to be diplomatic and go see his minions. But March sounds about right.
Guapotaco said:
sometime soon i'm cutting my bed off and bobbing the rear end of the taco, and i need to get that done asap so i can get my exo cage built before spring, so some of my weekends will be taken up doing that so stay in touch, and if nothing else get together and have a beer and swap stories, and make some future plans
Yea, Cruzer and I can come over, drink your beer, and watch you work. Sounds perfect:rofl:You just have to keep that torch away from those FJs, please.

I wish you could get some pictures up here of the GuapoTaco.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
7 Participants
fjcruzer
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing