TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided im gonna do coilovers 1st along with allpro leafs and bilstein 5100's like / \ in the back before i do the fabtech 6". all pro offroad http://www.allprooffroad.com/tacoma.htm has the bilstein kit for $699 and i saw it somewhere else for $630 shipped or should i stick with the awayaway racerunners for $650?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
MadMaxz said:
i decided im gonna do coilovers 1st along with allpro leafs and bilstein 5100's like / \ in the back before i do the fabtech 6". all pro offroad http://www.allprooffroad.com/tacoma.htm has the bilstein kit for $699 and i saw it somewhere else for $630 shipped or should i stick with the awayaway racerunners for $650?
I second the Donahoes.. If you are going to go with the Fabtech 6" why buy the all pro leafs and rear shocks? You will just want to replace them when you do the Fabtech lift.. save some money and just buy leafs and shocks to match the fabtech when you buy it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what should i do in the rear to level the truck? i wanna run the coilovers at 2.5-3" lift. and what are your thoughts on a diff drop kit to run the coils at 3+"

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
MadMaxz said:
what should i do in the rear to level the truck? i wanna run the coilovers at 2.5-3" lift. and what are your thoughts on a diff drop kit to run the coils at 3+"
Although dropping the front diff will help with the CV axle driveline angle, you still have to consider the ball joints (especially the uppers) and the tie rod ends. Just stick with no more than 2.5" - 3" when going with a lift that pushes down on the control arm assembly, even if you drop the front diff a bit.

As for the rear, you can do a shackle lift (1.5" should keep the truck level if you go with 2.5" up front) or an add-a-leaf (look for a long one that offers no more than 2" of lift). Of course, you could also get new leaf packs that offer about 1.5" to 2" of lift if you want to keep it level with the front, but like the others said, if you're going to go with the Fabtech 6" lift afterward, you might as well save your money and go with the cheaper route - shackles or AAL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
ocmike
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing