TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im from southern cali. dont have a tacoma yet but getting one soon. i was lookin around for a big, but well organized, site dedicated to smashin tacomas and that has many members on and alot of discusion going on and it looks like i found the site i was lookin for.

im farely new to the truck scene, but been around the desert scene all my life. theres a jeep in my family but im not the slow rock crawling kind of guy, i like speed and adrenaline and mashin thru a whops section at 60 MPH then takin on a FAT jump.

anyways, im gunna have tons of questions in the near future cause i like to know everything about anything. :)

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!!

This is the site to be for Informatin, and random chit chat!! You'll be amazed that you can actually tolerate the slow stuff... there are situations that will make you cry for yer momma!! :p

By the sounds of yer writing im guessn' yer pretty young!! And if you like to go fast... we'll SoCal has plenty of deserts for that!! Look in the PreRunner/Desert Section of this Forum for your type of speed junk!!

Also, Search... Search... and Search somemore!! A lot of topics have been discussed, and I am positive that if you ask yer self that question, and search for it... you will find yer answer... if not... Then post up!! (just tryn' to help ya from gettn' razed on)

Other than that!!!

WELCOME!!!! :D

oh... and check out the SoCal Website for future runs and info!!

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
^^^ Be sure and take Erik's advice... he is old and wise... uh... well... Ok... maybe not either but he knows what's right... :p

Say do you wear yer ball cap backasswards ?.. ummm... oh nevermind... LOL

Here's another place to visit... http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/
Don't worry I won't be bothering you much as I never peruse the Desert Folders... LOL... That is where you'll be posting right ?.. ;)

Watch out for the Borrego Boy (aka Tweeter)...
He's a nasty ole' mod in that folder... cutthroat I say... he he he (JK)

Welcome aboard... :D
Really... LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Animal said:
Welcome to TTORA!!

This is the site to be for Informatin, and random chit chat!! You'll be amazed that you can actually tolerate the slow stuff... there are situations that will make you cry for yer momma!! :p

hahahaha that funny cause the jeep belongs to my momma, so shes the one puttin me in those situations lol. but ya i like the nerve wrenchingness of rockcrawlin.

but i just prefer speed, jumps, and woops. and by the way, the jeep doesn'nt do good on any of those..... i already tried lol

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Don't get us wrong... us people who have 4x's like a little speed every now and again... we just don't want to break out ish jumpn' our rigs!! Could you imagine a Solid Axle rig hittn' up a bonzi jump?? Tha'd be scary!! :eek:

What kinda of Year, Engine, Mods are you looking into for a Tacoma??

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
TacoDell said:
Watch out for the Borrego Boy (aka Tweeter)...
He's a nasty ole' mod in that folder... cutthroat I say... he he he (JK)
Don't make me sound too pleasant..

Welcome to TTORA, hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Animal said:
Don't get us wrong... us people who have 4x's like a little speed every now and again... we just don't want to break out ish jumpn' our rigs!! Could you imagine a Solid Axle rig hittn' up a bonzi jump?? Tha'd be scary!! :eek:

What kinda of Year, Engine, Mods are you looking into for a Tacoma??

im really not sure yet, im still tryin to research the diference but i really cant find people talking about the diferences. its probally gunna be a budget truck seeing as i only make $10 per hour. what year/model/engine would u suggest for somehting that will be somewhat inexpensive but will still give me a go run. btw i like the front up higher than the back, not sure if that makes a diference in selecting a model but if it does.. atleast u know what im lookin for.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Modding will get you the look you're going for. Pretty much anything that has anything but a 3.0 engine is good as far as reliability goes. So an 95.5 or older Tacoma would probably do you good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts