TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
cvajs said:
anyone running the new cams from LC Engineering for late model v6 or 2.7L motors?
I thought about it but that's a steep price for a set of cams. For $800 you can be 1/2 way to a turbo system for your truck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was looking at them to but now a have to get a new freakin Lc Engineering Mag b/c my g/f thought mine was trash and through it away. Needless to I was a tad pissed about it she also tried to through away my damn riding lawnmower key.

·
Banned
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
akshunj said:
I thought about it but that's a steep price for a set of cams. For $800 you can be 1/2 way to a turbo system for your truck.
i agree, price is steep. i think Isky will make custom grinds for less than that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
cvajs said:
i agree, price is steep. i think Isky will make custom grinds for less than that.
The reason I elected not to try them out was the cost vs. hp. For $800 I'd want to see at least 40 horsepower and that ain't going to happen.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
cams

akshunj said:
The reason I elected not to try them out was the cost vs. hp. For $800 I'd want to see at least 40 horsepower and that ain't going to happen.

so for $800 bucks, how much hp would you gain by these? I'm guessing not a lot!

·
Registered
279 Posts
wslytoy said:
so for $800 bucks, how much hp would you gain by these? I'm guessing not a lot!
I'm not sure. I don't think it would be much to be honest. All I've found is that any money not going towards a turbo is pretty much a waste.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
cams

akshunj said:
I'm not sure. I don't think it would be much to be honest. All I've found is that any money not going towards a turbo is pretty much a waste.

so what you're saying is 1 of those electric powered supercharger's on ebay would be a waste of money? LOL!! Don't forget about a S/C, those kickass as well, haha. Peace, Wes

·
Registered
279 Posts
wslytoy said:
so what you're saying is 1 of those electric powered supercharger's on ebay would be a waste of money? LOL!! Don't forget about a S/C, those kickass as well, haha. Peace, Wes
yeah a SC would be easier to do but look at what they charge for those things. Complete rip off.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
turbo

akshunj said:
yeah a SC would be easier to do but look at what they charge for those things. Complete rip off.

good point! What do you think your turbo is goin to end up costing? Peace, Wes

·
Registered
279 Posts
wslytoy said:
good point! What do you think your turbo is goin to end up costing? Peace, Wes
So far, I've spent $1300. That includes the turbo, (Garret T3 .48/.60) 20 feet of pipe to make the intake, downpipe and charge pipes, fittings to connect the charge pipes, the manifold, exhaust flanges, T fittings for oil to the turbo, braided stainless for oil line to and from turbo, intercooler, hardware to mount intercooler, exhaust manifold gasket from stealer, check valves for stuff I do not want to pressurize like the pcv system and brake booster, all the parts to make a manual boost controller, gauges for boost, EGT and some other stuff, a fitting for oil return to the oil pan from the turbo, and miscellanious tools. (cutoff wheels, sawzall blades etc. etc..) injector (I have 370's and 440's) fuel pump, and different spark plugs.

I still need to buy a piggyback computer (not sure which one), I need to ask Gadget some questions about the FTC before I decide.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
turbo

akshunj said:
So far, I've spent $1300. That includes the turbo, (Garret T3 .48/.60) 20 feet of pipe to make the intake, downpipe and charge pipes, fittings to connect the charge pipes, the manifold, exhaust flanges, T fittings for oil to the turbo, braided stainless for oil line to and from turbo, intercooler, hardware to mount intercooler, exhaust manifold gasket from stealer, check valves for stuff I do not want to pressurize like the pcv system and brake booster, all the parts to make a manual boost controller, gauges for boost, EGT and some other stuff, a fitting for oil return to the oil pan from the turbo, and miscellanious tools. (cutoff wheels, sawzall blades etc. etc..) injector (I have 370's and 440's) fuel pump, and different spark plugs.

I still need to buy a piggyback computer (not sure which one), I need to ask Gadget some questions about the FTC before I decide.

damn, that's pretty damn cheap. Is the turbo used? If not, I didn't realize turbo's were so cheap. Peace, Wes

·
Registered
279 Posts
wslytoy said:
damn, that's pretty damn cheap. Is the turbo used? If not, I didn't realize turbo's were so cheap. Peace, Wes
It's a refurbished turbo. A brand new version of the one I got is about $650. The refurbished one for $298 is every bit as good as the new one. Between my friends and I we have used 7 turbo's from the same guy and not a single problem.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
turbo

akshunj said:
It's a refurbished turbo. A brand new version of the one I got is about $650. The refurbished one for $298 is every bit as good as the new one. Between my friends and I we have used 7 turbo's from the same guy and not a single problem.

This is really peaking my interest. Can you find refurbished turbo's online? As w/ a supercharger, you'll have to run premium, right? Where did you get the turbo manifold? Good luck on the upgrade man. Peace, Wes

·
Registered
279 Posts
wslytoy said:
This is really peaking my interest. Can you find refurbished turbo's online? As w/ a supercharger, you'll have to run premium, right? Where did you get the turbo manifold? Good luck on the upgrade man. Peace, Wes
ebay is your friend

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Ebay

akshunj said:
ebay is your friend

well, it's funny you say that, b/c I had an outstanding problem w/ some1 I bought a part for my RC truck. Well, he wouldn't refund my money, and wouldn't send me anything. So I took everything up w/ paypal, ebay, and sqaure trader. He finally refunds my money, and now I get a fuckin email from Ebay saying this fuckstick wants me to pay for his auction b/c he's a FUCK UP. I hope like hell they try and block my account I'm gonna call those bastards and raise all kinda hell! Other than that, yes, Ebay is my friend, LOL!!

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
wslytoy said:
well, it's funny you say that, b/c I had an outstanding problem w/ some1 I bought a part for my RC truck. Well, he wouldn't refund my money, and wouldn't send me anything. So I took everything up w/ paypal, ebay, and sqaure trader. He finally refunds my money, and now I get a fuckin email from Ebay saying this fuckstick wants me to pay for his auction b/c he's a FUCK UP. I hope like hell they try and block my account I'm gonna call those bastards and raise all kinda hell! Other than that, yes, Ebay is my friend, LOL!!
I seem to remember a time.... :flipoff1:

Hey Rick, let's see some dyno results after doing the turbo.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
the past is behind us

Oppositeboy said:

brian, brian, brian, that was almost 5 yrs ago, half a decade, a 1/4 of a score. maturity comes w/ age and nifty lil learning experiences. I'll be 1st to admit, I fucked up, I was also 18 and stupid. Now I'm almost 23 and wise beyond my years(ok maybe not that wise, but better off that 5 yrs ago, LOL). Pecker, hahaa jk!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oppositeboy said:

For sure! It's going to be a slow process this year paying for the wedding, nit ti mention I dropped $10k on the ring. (ouch)

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
wslytoy said:
brian, brian, brian, that was almost 5 yrs ago, half a decade, a 1/4 of a score. maturity comes w/ age and nifty lil learning experiences. I'll be 1st to admit, I fucked up, I was also 18 and stupid. Now I'm almost 23 and wise beyond my years(ok maybe not that wise, but better off that 5 yrs ago, LOL). Pecker, hahaa jk!
haha, yeah, you are one of the few that seemed to have learned from their "mistakes"... :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts