TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time - I dusted off this forum to see what people had to say about the new Chevy Colorado ZR2 concept Chevy just unveiled......and I can't find anything being said about it, so I guess I'll bring it up.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a22832/the-chevrolet-colorado-zr2-diesel-concept-is-amazing/

Basically a midsize, diesel-powered, factory long-travel (King Shocks), "Raptor-fighter". Seems like a pretty good possibility for production. My Chevy insider told me the regular Colorado diesel coming out later this year should get 27mpg.

I've had nothing but problems with my stock '09 Tacoma, and as long as Toyota continues to blow-off their consumers by refusing to improve mileage or update their trucks (my truck gets 14.5 mpg), I no longer have a guilt complex for abandoning my loyalty to the brand. My truck has 115k miles and if I don't drive it into the ground or convert it to a chase rig, I think my next truck will be a Ford or a Chevy. This ZR2 seems like a pretty sweet option if it comes to fruition, as I like having a mid-size truck around the city.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not a fan of the size of the Raptor, too big for the trails IMO. This looks promising. I've been liking the Colorado's, my work just got a couple of them for work trucks, seem to drive nice and all. Would like to take one off road and see its capabilities. Not going to take the truck off any sweet jumps but it needs to a good drivable off road truck.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
well as much as I don't like to admit it, those are pretty cool. If they are more reliable than the older colorados, they probably wouldnt be bad. However you are going to pay a heavy markup fee for that package. I would rather dump that 40k into my tacoma. If I were into more expedition style wheeling and less hardcore stuff and had money to burn I would probably buy it.

Toyota definitely needs to step up their game as far as updating their trucks. They used to have a reputation as one of the best and capable 4x4s on the market, but they are quickly falling down the latter and dont seem to care. They made an attempt with the TRDPro line, but have failed IMO. Better than nothing I guess.

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks better than anything coming out of the Toyota factory today.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Its still a piece of GM shit, the interior will be a bunch of bullshit plastic halfass stuck together and the truck will slowly fall apart around it. Toyota will respond with a badge kit and a floor mat upgrade... Toyota needs to make some balls out performance vehicles to shake their boring image, they are taking a stab at it in the Lexus line and the FRS is pretty cool. They need to sprinkle some craziness onto the truck line.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Its still a piece of GM shit, the interior will be a bunch of bullshit plastic halfass stuck together and the truck will slowly fall apart around it. Toyota will respond with a badge kit and a floor mat upgrade... Toyota needs to make some balls out performance vehicles to shake their boring image, they are taking a stab at it in the Lexus line and the FRS is pretty cool. They need to sprinkle some craziness onto the truck line.
this

·
Registered
261 Posts
You know, the new COlorado looks great. I even like the '16 Tacoma a bit. But they both suffer from the same FUCKING HUGE G-RILL. What is the deal with this high hood and grill? Toyota builds the grill into the hood. Chevy does grill into bumper. I have no clue why…

I mean the top of the hood on that thing is almost high 2x the tire height.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You know, the new COlorado looks great. I even like the '16 Tacoma a bit. But they both suffer from the same FUCKING HUGE G-RILL. What is the deal with this high hood and grill? Toyota builds the grill into the hood. Chevy does grill into bumper. I have no clue why…

I mean the top of the hood on that thing is almost high 2x the tire height.
Agreed.. I'm not a chevy fan at all. It looks good from the side and IF that ever goes into production, will it look the same? Probably not. Kyle is right about the grill, to me it looks like it came off chevy's crossover and the approach angle looks pitiful at best. Give it a couple years and the body/interior will fall apart around the motor and tranny, espically in the AZ sun :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts