TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice! Should be fun until around noon tomorrow when the cold front blows in. If you are looking to ride some fun roads, the backbone (Hwy 32) from Wimberley to Blanco is great. Then to Luckenbach on 1623/1888. Hit me up if you want to ride some time. Here's my 1980 Honda CM400.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Don't run me over ya damn cagers! :driving:

2011 Honda Fury 1300. 8K miles on the ticker.

you look like a douche:flipoff1:

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Should be fun until around noon tomorrow when the cold front blows in. If you are looking to ride some fun roads, the backbone (Hwy 32) from Wimberley to Blanco is great. Then to Luckenbach on 1623/1888. Hit me up if you want to ride some time. Here's my 1980 Honda CM400.

Nice bike. I went on a ride today and took 29/ 1431 out to Marble Falls. Fun ride. Almost got a speeding ticket for 5 over. :rolleyes:
Definitely sucks we're getting another cold front. I've never ridden in the rain and I don't plan on starting. After friday evening it's getting parked until the rain clears.

you look like a douche:flipoff1:
At least I'm having fun! :flipoff4:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Damn... I'm jealous of you lucky pricks that live in warm weather areas. I just had to put my bike away finally last Friday as we got hit with about 5 inches of snow that night and then about 25 inches of snow on Monday night through Wednesday. Looks my SV1000 won't seeing any road time until at least late March.

Fortunately this has been a relatively snow-free winter here in Massachusetts this season prior to the past week or so, and I was able to keep the bike out almost a full month longer than usual.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
:headbang:

What a cool bike.. What kind is it?
umm... post #2 ?

1980 Honda CM400 think that reads.

------------------

Nice ride Stephen ! :xpimp:

but you'll be less pimp if ya go down
and erase yer face on the pavement.
yeah would suck to live that way. my:2cents:

I've been down 4 times...
each and every incident...
my face/head were most often what hit first.
Don't think sticking your hand out will hold you.
You got lucky with that at "the drop"
but don't believe for a minute you're superman.

Wear a full face helmet...
Maybe you won't look/feel as cool :rolleyes:
but you'll probably be thanking me later ;)

ride smart son... expect the unexpected, always.

realize that...
there are those whom have been down...
and there are those whom will go down.
...shit happens.

Getting nailed by a car counts as "going down" ;) :p

damn, I miss my cbr now :(

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
make sure to get your donor sticker on your DL :p

just kidding...sweet ride!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Winter took a break here in Arkansas this weekend, so I spent some quality time in the man cave, by changing the oil and filter on the Magna this morning. Can't wait until the weather stays warm enough to ride it back and forth to work every day again.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Aww shit...

Laid down yesterday. Was going through a rural road, a little faster than I should hace been going and hit a golf ball sized rock with the front while leaned over. Saved it and kept riding. Rode much slower...

5 turns later it got in the twistier section. Hit some rocks and dirt on the ground, heard the awful sliding sound and the bike went out from under me.

Jacket helmet and gloves did their job. I however was wearing jeans and tennis shoes so I have slight road rash on my right leg. I was only going about 25.

Went the el cheapi route and just sanded the front plate and reapplied a new sheet of vinyl over the front number plate and cut the fender shorter

At least it doesnt look too bad till I can find a new fender and housing cheaper

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Aww shit...

Laid down yesterday. Was going through a rural road, a little faster than I should hace been going and hit a golf ball sized rock with the front while leaned over. Saved it and kept riding. Rode much slower...

5 turns later it got in the twistier section. Hit some rocks and dirt on the ground, heard the awful sliding sound and the bike went out from under me.

Jacket helmet and gloves did their job. I however was wearing jeans and tennis shoes so I have slight road rash on my right leg. I was only going about 25.

Went the el cheapi route and just sanded the front plate and reapplied a new sheet of vinyl over the front number plate and cut the fender shorter

At least it doesnt look too bad till I can find a new fender and housing cheaper
Glad your okay. I was never so lucky when I went down, always major carnage on the bike and the body.
BTW I prefer the look of the shortened front fender.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Winter took a break here in Arkansas this weekend, so I spent some quality time in the man cave, by changing the oil and filter on the Magna this morning. Can't wait until the weather stays warm enough to ride it back and forth to work every day again.

I remember when the magnas were new, one of my good buddies works for Honda and had a brand new one back in the day. Nice bike to ride, lots of nuts with a mere twist of the wrist.

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
Its -25 C here today with two feet of snow on the ground so all these bike pics are making me jones. We get real winters here.:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts