TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
Just installed a new set of Deaver 8 leaf packs on H/D stock height greasable shackles, and Bilstein 5125 w/10" travel. As you can see, I'm running a little ass high. I'm running Camburg 2.5's up front. I might be able to get another inch out of the Camburgs, but that might be pushing it to the 2.5" limit.
Anyone out there with a similar setup as mine? Do these Deavers settle down a bit? I talked to Gary at Deaver Springs and he said they "might" settle a bit, but not much.
Any suggestions out there would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
870 Posts
when i had my 01 extracab, i had deaver 8-leafs with bils and they were on for 6 months before i sold it, and they never settled in that 6 months, even with normal wheeling trips, i pulled them off when i sold it and now they're on my 02 d-cab and they sit almost an inch lower, but i think that has to do with the added weight of the cab and my bumper...with your camping gear it should sit perfect

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
They should settle down a little. I had a 9 leaf and a 8 leaf they both settled down anywhere from an 1/2" to an 1" or a little more once I put some trail miles under them... go run a trail where you will flex them, and they should settle in to normal height.

·
Registered
718 Posts
same here, i have had the deaver 8 leaf since august and i dont think they have settled down much at all.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
If you guys put yer hi lift... recovery gear... tools... spare parts... camping gear... etc... in the truck... it will settle down some... wheel it with some weight in the bed and that will help... flexing it good works wonders... If it gets flexed to the bump stops often... it will settle...

I also have a shell... and my stuff stays in the rig all the time... Except the camp gear...
And I sit a little ass low when loaded for a weekend run... But the load is lightened a little for the trail run... after camp is set up...

I have close to 2 1/2" lift crank into the CO's...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Drive around with 8 bags of cement in the bed for a few weeks. See if that helps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Your truck looks great with the newer style rims!:D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still got an 1" to 1-1.5" to go on the Camburgs until I hit that 2.5" threshold.

05' rims were on when I bought the truck new. Getting a little rubbing on the UCA with the STT's though. Might have to go with black steelies. Don't want to run spacers.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Looks good as is, but you can expect it to level out if your COs have been in a while and are settled. With my COs at 2" the rear is mabey 1/4" higher in the back. You will prob also need to crank on the D-side CO a turn or two down the road to offset the taco-lean. Great set-up.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I still got an 1" to 1-1.5" to go on the Camburgs until I hit that 2.5" threshold.

05' rims were on when I bought the truck new. Getting a little rubbing on the UCA with the STT's though. Might have to go with black steelies. Don't want to run spacers.
You also have an x-cab. I have the Deaver 8's with a Dcab and they seemed to level out fairly quick. What size STTs? I have 265/75/16 and they don't rub, but I'm running the 04 OEM alloys (Stars) Must be the backspacing on the 05 wheels.. they do look good though!

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,523 Posts

You still got plenty of room to crank up the coilovers. Give the new springs a few weeks to break in and settle. I doubt you'll loose more then 1/2". Once they settle, then crank the coilovers to level it out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most people run 2-2.5 on the coilovers up front, and the Deavers will settle like a few said with a load. If you do a couple wheeling trips loaded up that should do the trick. Make sure that you have good bumpstops so not to negatively arch your springs too much and trash them.

Your combo should be fine.

·
Registered
270 Posts
they should settle a little, but you should crank up those coilovers a little too, why buy them if your not going to really even use them to get some lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts