TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is about time someone did something about dual batteries and the damn expansion tank.
If you have not seen the thread in the Sponser's Products.
Check out this link...
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2076923#post2076923

I will be getting this... but I also would need to get a second battery and the electronics for the dual battery.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Sho' is purdy...

but... $ 150.00 ?! :eek:

ya'll must have too much money or be smoking better shit then me :xsmokin1:

screw 'dat... I'd fab my own for prolly less then a 20 spot...

surely there are better things to blow yer money on ?

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
Many if not most of us need to work, no time to be smoking “shit” all day, so we do not always have time to make battery boxes and such.

This looks like a very nice product. I cannot wait to read a review or two and then I might just get one. It looks great!

I am almost out of room on the driver side and would like to see how folks are packing the isolator and all in there.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sho' is purdy...

but... $ 150.00 ?! :eek:

ya'll must have too much money or be smoking better shit then me :xsmokin1:

screw 'dat... I'd fab my own for prolly less then a 20 spot...

surely there are better things to blow yer money on ?
Gave up smoking that shit after college.... :D
As for fab up something... yeah, but it would not look purdy... and I have some coin to burn to help push the economy forward. :)

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
maybe... you just have no fab skills and it has little/nothing to do with time ?

Maybe, but honestly I do not have time these days, though, as a software engineer, my fabrication skills are pretty good really and getting better. I weld better than Bill Gates I bet!

However, Dell, if you can make quality dual battery boxes for twenty dollars and have such wide ranging, well-honed skills you should start your own business or get a job making dual battery boxes or something. Maybe I’d buy yours! Then, if nothing else, you could buy better “shit” for your bong!

Bet you don't try.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
As for fab up something... yeah, but it would not look purdy...
Maybe you should print out a wallet sized picture of that, after yer purchase/installment of that...
So you can whip that out and share with everyone whom oogles yer junk.

Get's old... having to pop the hood open just for show ~n~ tell. :p

Thanks for helping with the economy :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yea I saw their thread the day they posted it and I plan on buying it. I've been looking for something like this so I could start a dual battery setup so this is decent timing. Don't have the money to buy everything for the setup at once, so I'll piece it together starting with this.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
maybe... you just lack the fab skills necessary and it has little/nothing to do with time ?
Yeah . . . I gotta learn how to weld! :(

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
buy a welder and get busy...
if you can see better then me !?... then you can weld ;)

Don't start yer learning process with structural chit tho'
LoL

·
Browns Fan on Dirt!
2,996 Posts
A guy like you could learn in no time at all. I had a buddy show me and then I worked at it off and on over time on scrap and simple projects. I am still not great at it but I have made a few things, fixed a broken motor mount perch and even designed and built a prototype electronically controlled lock for work!

So you'd have no trouble at all.

That said, this battery box in this thread looks really nice and with it basically plug and play it saves a ton of time. I am just waiting to hear some reviews before I get one.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
A generation 2 version of the Columbia tray just came out yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts