TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I didn't see an area in the nvttora forum for a new guy to post so I thought I would do it here. I just bought an 06 tacoma trd dcab. I like what u guy are about and look foward to wheelin with you. I ll post pic's when I get them. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I gotta a pretty stock taco right now, but its going in in a couple weeks for a 6 inch lift. If you guys got any outtings I'm down to go

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Well I gotta a pretty stock taco right now, but its going in in a couple weeks for a 6 inch lift. If you guys got any outings I'm down to go

Welcome to the board! We do a lot of trips here, both near and far. A few of us just got back from Sedona last night, that would be a far trip. But fun, and beautiful scenery!!

Where did you get your truck? I work @ Findlay Toyota, so I'm assuming that you got it here, as we're The only store installing Pro Comp and Donohoe Racing suspensions in the state.:cool: :saw: :welder:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome Bro, I'm new here to lets go wheelin, hey findlay does good work on the lifts and donahoe a great ride brett did mine.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Welcome Bro, I'm new here to lets go wheeling, hey Findlay does good work on the lifts and donahoe a great ride Brett did mine.

Brett's my boy, he built my034runner, and works on all of my friends, family, and customers cars/trucks!!:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt buy it at Findlay, i got it at centennial. But i talked to andre in the parts department and he told me about the 6" procomp lift. He said to run 33's on it cause 35's are too big without a regearing. So they do good work over there huh? Im taking it there cause he promised me it wouldnt void my extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I didn't buy it at Findlay, i got it at centennial. But i talked to Andre in the parts department and he told me about the 6" procomp lift. He said to run 33's on it cause 35's are too big without a re-gearing. So they do good work over there huh? I'm taking it there cause he promised me it wouldn't void my extended warranty.
Personally, the DR is a much better suspension. You may not be sitting up in the sky, but the 3" DR set up is better off road and on. You can run 33's with that as well.
Don't get me wrong, the Pro Comp is a very good set up, but I guess it just depends on what you're looking to do with it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheeling, Looks, and Height is what im looking to do with the truck. Its my daily driver and weekend warrior. One of the main reasons im going with the 6 inch is so that when new gears come out for the 05-07, i will upgrade to 35's. That is my goal with the thing. The one thing that got me scared at findlay is that the guy in parts, Andre, told me that it will take two days to install and that one of those days it will be at one of the workers house getting welded.
I just want to make sure that Toyota wont screw me on the warranty cause it was at some dudes house.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Wheeling, Looks, and Height is what I'm looking to do with the truck. Its my daily driver and weekend warrior. One of the main reasons I'm going with the 6 inch is so that when new gears come out for the 05-07, i will upgrade to 35's. That is my goal with the thing. The one thing that got me scared at Findlay is that the guy in parts, Andre, told me that it will take two days to install and that one of those days it will be at one of the workers house getting welded.
I just want to make sure that Toyota wont screw me on the warranty cause it was at some dudes house.:rolleyes:

Well, I haven't heard of them leaving the shop, but if it does, it's not just going to some "dudes" house. The guy that installs the Pro Comp is one of our Master Certified Techs, and also happens to be the brother of the Service director. He can build anything from scratch, so your truck is in good hands.
Also, the warranty on all Toyota parts are still valid, as is the workmanship of the install. Pro Comp warranties their products, as does DR.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help, I have a long list of sh*t to do to my rig....lights, more skid plates, alarm.... u know how this stuff can get.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hey everyone, I didn't see an area in the nvttora forum for a new guy to post so I thought I would do it here. I just bought an 06 tacoma trd dcab. I like what u guy are about and look foward to wheelin with you. I ll post pic's when I get them. Thanks
Welcome aboard! We will probably have something going on in the near future. Probably after Roberts bank account quits hurting.:D

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Welcome aboard! We will probably have something going on in the near future. Probably after Roberts bank account quits hurting.:D

:xcrybaby: :xcrybaby: :xcrybaby: :saw: :welder: :buttkick:

·
Registered
616 Posts
HEY!!! My bank account is hurtin' too!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Welcome to the board!! Hopefully we will put together a run soon, so that we can meet.

Being stock really isn't that bad...

·
Registered
593 Posts
My experience with findlay's suspension has been excelent i agree that the DR has excellent ride handling. With pro-comp make sure you upgrade from factory shocks to improve ride quality talk to andre and brett about your options and you don't need to wait for lift to go wheelin your taco will go almost anywhere as is trust me I've done it. Hey I'd like the rest of you guys so I'm ready to go wheelin as soon as something can be set up, also will have pics of my taco and some trails up soon.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
My experience with Findlay's suspension has been excellent i agree that the DR has excellent ride handling. With pro-comp make sure you upgrade from factory shocks to improve ride quality talk to Andre and Brett about your options and you don't need to wait for lift to go wheeling your taco will go almost anywhere as is trust me I've done it. Hey I'd like the rest of you guys so I'm ready to go wheeling as soon as something can be set up, also will have pics of my taco and some trails up soon.

I'm probably not going to do anything until after Mothers Day. Need to recover from the last trip.:p

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm probably not going to do anything until after Mothers Day. Need to recover from the last trip.:p
I was thinkin on possibly running rock/potato this weekend to early in the week to be sure but i want to check it out, i've already ran outher trails in spring mtn. range with exception of 3 on southend.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was thinkin on possibly running rock/potato this weekend to early in the week to be sure but i want to check it out, i've already ran outher trails in spring mtn. range with exception of 3 on southend.
I'd run Potato Ridge (Rocky Gap) with you any day!! [Well..., as long as it is in the morning hours].

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts