TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just joined and found the colorado forum, I got a 04 double cab thats a bit modified, I look forward to meeting on the trails and learning new stuff

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sure do got pics

heres some pics taken at estes park a couple months old but the only diffrence now are the skid plates underneath and also one of my t/case skid which i have question on but i think i gotta post some where else if i do let me know where to get some input on it, i put the t/case skid on with four bolts not the six it should take how strong or not strong is it w/o the other bolts?

·
7,735 Posts
I think it has to do with what kind of wheeling you intend on doing. If you're going to be in the rocks taking decent hits, I'd suggest you use all the bolts and make sure it's as strong as possible.

If you're looking for some good protection, but just running light trails where only an occasional hit or 2 is expected, then you're probably good.

I have a tendency to slip off my line and land on rocks with nearly the full weight of the truck. I have some impressive dents/bends in my skids to show for it too. Personally, I want as strong of a setup as possible.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i dont plan to nothing to crazy because it is my daily driver and need it functioning for work on mondays haha, but true shortcuts are rarely a good idea, ill make time to put in the other two holes which is why i didnt put them in the first place (fried one of my drill batteries and my bits are worthless i barely was able to make the last hole) but the other holes are there for a reason so might as well put them to use

1 - 12 of 12 Posts