TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, my name is garrett and im new to the ttora scene but in no way would i call myself a newbie! I have been avidly building and wheeling my jeep cherokee for several years now and have gained quit a bit experience in dealing with all types of rigs out there. I have even outwheeled a few tacomas here and there. Recently however, I have decided to find myself a good toyota in decent shape and decided to buy a 2003 tacoma ext cab, trd 4x4!! I am extremely pleased in doing so!! I have only had the truck a few months and love it, a friend turned me on to ttora and so here i am, i couldn't think of good toyota name so cherokeegarrett stuck, it will always be in me!!

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
central valley CA?
where at?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
please tell me you have no affiliation with California Off-Road...
hahaha thats so funny... truth of the matter is the cherokee i build looks very similar to the one they park at their shop, my toyota friends always told me that if you dont have a jeep, caloffroad will act like you dont belong their, never experienced this until i bought the tacoma... hahah i have come to learn that their jeep is full of shitty work and never leaves the shop...

NO... i have no affililiation and i do all my own mods :saw: :welder:

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
hahaha thats so funny... truth of the matter is the cherokee i build looks very similar to the one they park at their shop, my toyota friends always told me that if you dont have a jeep, caloffroad will act like you dont belong their, never experienced this until i bought the tacoma... hahah i have come to learn that their jeep is full of shitty work and never leaves the shop...

NO... i have no affililiation and i do all my own mods :saw: :welder:
Sweeeet. I give them the finger whenever I pass that joint. :D They are ridiculous in there. I went looking to buy a lift for my buddy's YJ, started talking to them about SASing my Taco, and they said I was full of shit and it couldn't be done. There was another customer there at the same time buying a body lift. He only wanted 2", and they wouldn't let him leave the shop until he spend the extra $ and got a 3". I can't stand those people. I've always wanted to ramp one of their Jeeps with my truck and take pics. LOL

Your Jeep isn't white is it?

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I may have seen you around, but there are a couple of those around here. :) The dual whips don't ring a bell though. Not too many people run that. There is something eerily familiar about your hand in the second pic. :eek: :lmao:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have seen you around, but there are a couple of those around here. :) The dual whips don't ring a bell though. Not too many people run that. There is something eerily odd about your hand in the second pic. :eek: :lmao:
i seem to have a thumb sticking out there dont I... hmmh:confused: im actually in ceres, hevent driven the jeep for a while, im trying to sell it, use the money to build my tacoma, i might even use the front bumper from the jeep on it:saw: :welder: so where are you from?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I guess we all evolve at different rates! :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well shit,I thought that I was one of mabe two members on this board from the MO. Glad to have you aboard Cherokeegarrett, shoot me your # on a PM and we can get in contact, see if we can't do some wheel'n or mabe just a little bullshitt'n till the next trip comes up. I am on the north side in the 95356 of modesto.
Oppositeboy I have only seen 1 other sac taco in modesto and it is that 95' green, single cab, I dont think that that truck has ever had a driveshaft on it which is an all to common problem with trucks in the 209. To each their own I guess? I would like you to hit me up some time, I want to pick your brain about you sac because mine is next. I am in the process of picking out my axle and building it up.-Mike

Its good to know that I am not the only taco in a town of jeepers, F-250s, and chevys with no driveshafts.:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cali offroad aint that bad, thats where i got my fagtech and wheels and tires. They cut me a good deal because my dad buys alot of jeep parts from them, but I also did the labor myself so that cut the cost way down. I would never go in there and expect them to help me with my SAC, they are salesmen who wheel some times, not wheelers who trying to be salesmen.:2cents:

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
im a homie! ..kinda. 95311 here.
that makes like ?3-4? of us in central valley...

·
Registered
320 Posts
dude, right on, the more the marrier. The weather is gett'n nicer, it's time to break out the camping gear. YEAH!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, there are deffinetly more, the main reason I bought a tacoma was because i curently hang out with about 4 guys who also build and wheel theirs!! Plus i have always wanted a truck!:) we should all meet up some time!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts