TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im jeff and am from texas. just recently became addicted to 4wheeling and hittin the trails. so when my dad asked me if i would want to pick up the last couple payments on my sisters 01 prerunner i said hell ya.i know its prob a good idea to trade it in and get 4wd but i dont think my dad would appreciate that plus i think its a great truck. hopefully once i can find all the parts i can convert it to 4wd along with some other things.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Howdy! :D

I wouldn't trade it in, do like you said and convert it. Several of us have done this or are in the process of it, like me.

If you want to chat with texas folks about local meets etc then scroll to the bottom of the main forum page and you'll see our state chapter board :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im from the kingwood/humble area but attend SFA in nacogdoches. on my way to the tx section now!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ha I'm moving back to kingwood in the summer :D

Used to live there, in forest cove (renamed to kingwood cove now? not sure).

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!
Great to have another Texan join our crazzzzy crew!

·
Registered
4,489 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Nice, another Tx member. Welcome. Also, if you can find the same color/style truck but with 4X4, he would never know if you traded it ;) X2 on the SAS if you keep it however. That might really piss him off on the other hand...Anyway, welcome.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Damn, I wish I was closer to Houston. It must be nice to see a conversion first hand, like prerunner -> 4X4 and SAS's. It would be nice to attend meetings too. How much was it to convert to 4X4? I did not realize so many people have done this.

·
Registered
663 Posts
jlamb said:
im from the kingwood/humble area but attend SFA in nacogdoches. on my way to the tx section now!
I graduated from SFA in 1983 and yes, I'm an old fart. Do you know where Alto is located? You can wheel here if you do...if you don't mind a bunch of redneck drunks flying by in their junk.

BMRA is the better place IMHO...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, lots of people from the humble/kingwood area and especailly all around houston!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow, i was def not expecting this much interest in my first post but its def awesome. first off, when is the meeting? been pretty busy today and havent got to read around as much as i would like. meithkiller ive been to alto twice, shiloh ridge is badass, went there with a buddy of mine, its what got me addicted!!! anyways, it would be great to get more info on the conversion or a helping hand as far as finding parts etc. great to hear from everyone, should be back on tomorrow!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
jhunter said:
How much was it to convert to 4X4? I did not realize so many people have done this.
I did mine for right around $1k. All depends on how well you do finding your parts. The transmission will be the most expensive part of the swap. See the link in my sig for more info.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Welcome from Lancaster, just south of Dallas. And I agree, keep the prerunner, off-road it when you can and save up for parts to do the 4wd conversion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts